Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

This is Nice

tarkus

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isnt this from early 2000s? Sat and watched him solo on Little Arabella and he seemed to have no loss of movement at that time. Its irrelevemt now, but its a clear indication he had a degenerative neurological condition and his loss of function wasnt down to his early 90s surgery.

Five Bridges suite was always a personal favourite.

its a clear indication he had a degenerative neurological condition and his loss of function wasnt down to his early 90s surgery.
His original surgery was a botch. He underwent ulnar nerve transposition, when in fact his problem was cervical radiculopathy (coming from up in the spine as opposed to further down in his arm). He actually alluded to that in one of his interviews...

General Music Promega 3.

agree about the great sounding piano.

I guess he was pulling samples from another source (Hoedown intro) and the brasss on fanfare was superior to what he was using from the latest Korg in 2010

Rest in Peace Keith.

Isnt this from early 2000s? Sat and watched him solo on Little Arabella and he seemed to have no loss of movement at that time.

You can clearly see how his 4th and 5th fingers curl under often... but I agree - it hadn't yet seemed to impair his playing. I love this stuff - Keith was always a bit looser, more exploratory and a bit jazzier with the Nice. It's nice to see/hear him re-exploring that music with the original guys.

A brief story: I was visiting with Will Alexander (Keith's tech/partner for many years) during my Ensoniq employment, showing him one of our new keyboards. We paused for a moment when a house guest of his came down the stair to say bye as he went out on some errands. Tall British fella, it didn't click until he was walking out the door that it was Lee Jackson... Didn't really get to say hi or talk to him at all. A huge missed opportunity for me, as I so loved their music.

Back on topic - a fun performance - it was released on CD at the time: https://www.amazon.com/Vivacitas-Live-At-Glasgow-2002/dp/B0000A5BVB

Jerry

Archived