Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Are Montage 88's popular?

MrVegas

I bought a Montage 88 about six months ago from Sweetwater. My job got me super busy and I just don't have the time to learn how to get the most out of it. I think it cost around $4,000. It has been a long time since I posted anything for sale on here and I'm just asking if anybody has an opinion about whether it will garner any interest on here. I hate using Ebay and Craigslist. Looking for suggestions. Willing to discount it rather heavily in order to move it, especially to a local buyer, I live in the D.C. area.

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Kronos 88, Korg CX-3, Motion Sound KBR-3D

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I bought a Montage 88 about six months ago from Sweetwater. My job got me super busy and I just don't have the time to learn how to get the most out of it. I think it cost around $4,000. It has been a long time since I posted anything for sale on here and I'm just asking if anybody has an opinion about whether it will garner any interest on here. I hate using Ebay and Craigslist. Looking for suggestions. Willing to discount it rather heavily in order to move it, especially to a local buyer, I live in the D.C. area.

My advice to you is analyze and understand your competition.

No one can change the venues. Its part of the resale game.

How many used Mon 88's are for sale ? How many used, or new

And are dealers also playing in the used mon 88 niche plus offering warranty ?

Sure , you want an easy sale, but I think you need to get a read on the market

demand for your M88 . And whats the supply ? Are there dozens ?

How long to sell one ? At what price ?

There are folks here that are on top of the retail market.

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

It's a solid studio instrument with a nice keybed, but I wouldn't be surprised if Yamaha introduced a successor in the next year or two based on the prior pattern of Motif releases, so I think you'd get the best financial outcome selling it before that happens. The recent introduction of the MODX makes the Montage both better recognized for its strengths and harder to justify at the price, something of a mixed blessing.

Acoustic: Shigeru Kawai SK-7 ~ Breedlove C2/R

MIDI: Kurzweil Forte ~ Sequential Prophet X ~ Yamaha CP88 ~ Expressive E Osmose

Electric: Schecter Solo Custom Exotic ~ Chapman MLB1 Signature Bass

Yeah, the MODX is a lot lighter, easier to move around. Plastic instead of medal case. I have a Motif ES8 and its a bear to move. The other side of the coin is, I have been careful with mine and now that it sits in my Music Room, it still works fine.

You get what you pay for.

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Had one but sold it a while back and bought the MODX 8 instead. It sold on Craigslist pretty quickly, although is was priced right.
Montage 7, Mojo 61, PC-3, XK-3c Pro, Kronos 88, Hammond SK-1, Motif XF- 7, Hammond SK-2, Roland FR-1, FR-18, Hammond B3 - Blond, Hammond BV -Cherry

Archived