Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Camelot pro

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 years later...

Camelot 2.1.0 for iOS was just released. Huge improvements and additions to the use of live inputs.

What's New:

Version 2.1 of Audio Modeling"s live performance environment for MIDI hardware devices, software instruments, and effects plugins, adds audio input features, expanding it from a powerful live tool for keyboardists to the premiere gigging rig for vocalists, guitarists, bass players drummers and, well, everybody!

Camelot version 2.1 introduces Audio Inputs, Audio Routing and powerful MIDI transformers, which can be applied at Device, Layer, Item or Part level!

Audio Management

- refactored Audio Outputs and Inputs selection; introduced channel names management

- Reset Devices Configuration button

Audio Inputs

- Audio Settings: added multi-selection to enable audio input channels for Layers and Items

- Layer Audio Input (Stereo/Mono)

- MIDI Device Audio Input (Stereo/Mono)

Audio Outputs

- Audio Settings: added multi-selection to enable audio output channels for Layers and Backing Tracks

- Layer multi-output selection (Stereo/Mono)

- Backing Track multi-output selection (Stereo/Mono)

- Metronome multi-output selection (Stereo/Mono)

Items

- Audio Layer Connector: Audio Send Item

- Sidechain: an audio input can be selected on Software Instrument and Effect Items (if supported)

- Added "MIDI Program" Items as Pre-Processors. It's now possible to send MIDI messages to Software Instruments at Scene switch (e.g. Program Change)

Midi Transformers

- Message Transformer: CC, Ch. Pressure, Pitch Bend, Key Switch (Device/Layer/Item/Part)

- Note To Chord (Layer/Item/Part)

- Remapping Table (Device/Layer/Item/Part)

- Musical Scale (Layer/Item/Part)

- Humanizer (Layer/Item/Part)

- Presets for MIDI Transformers

- Dedicated MIDI Transformers per MIDI Input device (e.g. Velocity Curve remapping)

Timeline

- Audio files direct streaming (no preload delay - can be disabled in Settings/Option)

- Added 'Backing Tracks Fade In' option to disable/enable quick fade in at Play event

- Backing tracks VU-meters

Mixer

- Mixer: multi-output level management

- Mixer view: added metronome section

- Mixer expanded view with VU-meters

- Mixer: Main Audio Out assignment shortcut

Remote Controls

- Possibility to Import/Export Remote Controller settings

- Added 'Show only assigned' search option filter

- Send/Receive Play/Pause and Stop timeline events to/from Camelot remotes

- Key Commands: 'Start MIDI Clock' changed to 'Start/Stop MIDI Clock'

- Key Commands view: improved conflicts visualization

- Metronome enablement and level are saved globally, and mappable in Remote Controllers

Smart Maps

- Improved Smart Maps Advanced Settings GUI and management

- Added Numa X Piano maps (73, 88, 88 GT)

- Added GSI Gemini map

- Added Motif ES map (Beta)

- Montage/MODX: added parts 9-16

- Yamaha S ES: fixed the wrong byte in multi-selection message

- Fixed Roland RD88 map

- Fixed Numa Compact 2/2x sound dump analysis

- Fixed Roland RD-88 map, fixed wrong preset references

- Fixed Roland Fantom: updated map

- Fixed External device update: fixed wrong preset list when the number of preset is dynamic (i.e. Numa compact 2/2x)

General improvements

- New navigation (Pre-Processors/Instruments & Devices/Post-Processors)

- Global Search

- Brand grouping on Software Instruments list

- Song contextual menu options: replaced popup with side panel

- Added Duplicate Setlist option

- Camelot state migration from an older version

- Export Song: alert message if there are setlist layers in the song

- Replaced native dialog boxes with Camelot ones

- VU-meters: improved visualization, smoothness, general restyle

- SETTINGS: added icon for each option

KNOWN ISSUES

- Audio Input doesn't work if mic is disabled in Camelot iPad settings

- Attachments: annotation board for song is not available

- Virtual typing keyboard doesn't show up anymore if it gets hidden with the keyboard

- Issues adding multiple instances of the same MIDI Processor plugin: only the last added instance forwards MIDI events to the next Item (solved with iPadOS 15.2)

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

Audio Outputs

- Audio Settings: added multi-selection to enable audio output channels for Layers and Backing Tracks

- Layer multi-output selection (Stereo/Mono)

So far, I've only used the headphone output. Does anyone know, if you attach an external interface that has four outs instead of two (two stereo outs vs. one), does Camelot allow you to assign different sounds to different outs?

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Wow, was just looking at the Camelot features and it really seems cool. The smart mapping features look really powerful.

Anyone using Camelot with Kurzweil? Just using it to create a true song-mode for the Kurzweil would be worth the money.

You want me to start this song too slow or too fast?

Forte7, Nord Stage 3, XK3c, OB-6, Arturia Collection, Mainstage, MotionSound KBR3D. A bunch of MusicMan Guitars, Line6 stuff

Every time Camelot updates I download it again, try it out and go back to MainStage and AUM. I can say that those guys at Audio Modeling are dedicated and working hard to improve their product! I'll have to try it again.

Here for the gear.

Wow, was just looking at the Camelot features and it really seems cool. The smart mapping features look really powerful.

Anyone using Camelot with Kurzweil? Just using it to create a true song-mode for the Kurzweil would be worth the money.

I just upgraded and am going to give it another go with my PC4-7 and iPad apps. I was frustrated by the lack of information. They need better tutorial videos. The person doing their videos has a very heavy accent, he mispronounces words, and sometimes has to search for the correct phrase. It's distracting and takes focus away from what he's describing. He needs to do videos in his native language and they should get a native English speaker for their English speaking videos.

The fact there's a Highway To Hell and only a Stairway To Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers

People only say "It's a free country" when they're doing something shitty-Demetri Martin

They need better tutorial videos.

I wish they had a downloadable PDF manual. What passes for an online manual is nicely done for what it is, but is no substitute for a searchable PDF when you're trying to figure out how to do something.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

• 1 year later...