Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Korg Module - Premier Vintage Organ add-in

MoodyBluesKeys

Premier Vintage Organ add-in has been discontinued. So - if you use is, don't remove Module, you won't be able to add it back. Numerous folk on the Korg forum quite upset (I'm a bit upset too, I bought it and use it).

Setup a new 128GB iPad 5 today, NONE of the add-ins would restore. Tells me there is a iTunes store problem - but other apps add-ins are restoring with no problems. Hope this gets sorted soon - just having the original stock sounds is a far cry from having all (except the new Ivory American Grand) the add-ins.

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats a drag. I wonder why? It seems it should be the more the merrier.

I recently set up a new 128GB iPad too, but had no problems restoring the only two extra Module add-ons I bought, Scarbee Rhodes and Ivory American.

:idk

Here for the gear.

What iOS version are you using? My Korg Module was behaving very weird under OS 11 (and only with the Ipad Pro), which disappeared when I am updated it to 12. Likely yours already came with the new version, but worth a check if there are some incompatibilities.

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

This isnt a matter of a bug; Korg acknowledges that the Organ add on has been discontinued. The reps involved in the forum conversations will not explain why that was done but have vaguely hinted about related news to be announced shortly.

Nord Stage 2 Compact, Yamaha MODX8

Perhaps they're replacing it with a proper Hammond emulation that actually has the ability to tweak the drawbars.

Korg Kronos 61 (2); Roland Fantom-06, 2015 Macbook Pro and 2012 Mac Mini (Logic Pro X and Mainstage), GigPerformer 4.

IOS version 11.2.1 was shipped on the iPad, but I updated to the current 12.1 before any installs. Did find a problem with my iCloud account which had PayPal using an old email address and corrected that (must have worked, got an email from PP on the SampleTank add in that I bought yesterday, even though that did install.

Removed Module and re-installed, still no joy on being able to restore ANY of the paid for AIM - they also show pricing instead of showing that I have bought them. While I can keep on using the older 32GB iPad mini2, I was planning to move all the music stuff to the newer larger tablet. (The tablet does boot and load a LOT faster)

@Tom: I have Galileo also, but find it convenient to have a dozen or so User sounds setup in Module and just use a fingertip on the screen to switch sounds, instead of having to go into a separate app.

No one from Korg has gotten back to my post of yesterday on their user support forum.

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

Perhaps I had no problem with reinstalls because I deleted the music apps off my iPhone first. I havent read what I agreed to when I bought Korg Module + extras, and Ravenscroft iOS, but perhaps its because they only install on one device at a time for the price. iTunes App Store has your purchases on record so you should have nothing to lose if you try that.

Here for the gear.

Module has been on three devices for some time, with no problems. I don't know if Korg's licensing is different or not, Apple typically allows five installs for one user ID.

Would seem to me that Module wouldn't install at all if license exceeded.

I have filed a Help request with Korg App Support, will report here if they come up with a solution.

On the new iPad, I did an iCloud Restore from the iPad mini 2 - it took a day for everything to install, but everything else is working. It also kept my User bank settings. However, I did remove Module completely, then install. The user settings are gone now, just like a brand new install (but I can duplicate them with a bit of time after solving the issue of restoring the IAPs).

Jim

I have received an answer from Korg - they are experiencing a problem in Restore, and are working on a fix for it. They also provided a workaround which I will try tomorrow. I'm thinking that it would be best not to post details on the workaround on a forum where I can't remove them later.

On the Premier Organ Sounds - they are working on a new Organ Sounds add-in. When released, those who have purchased the no longer available Premier Sounds will be able to add it to their Module installation without having to pay for a separate purchase.

Note that I don't have information on the time frame.

Jim

Archived