Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Muse mod for Moog Model D reissue owners

As the pitchbend wheel on my new (to me) Model D Reissue was bumming me out a bit, and I was disappointed that you could not bring in modulation with aftertouch, I jumped on this kit as soon as I read about it.

It allows you, along with a bunch of other things, to set the pitchbend range (Yea!!!!) and yes, to bring in modulation with aftertouch.

Installation was not difficult. I am not super techy and had a friend help, but in retrospect could have done it myself. A 2nd set of hands was nice to have either way.

Works exactly as advertised, does not physically alter anything, and is removable if for some reason you really want to do that. it basically is a little board that is inserted via ribbon cables between the left hand controls and the internal midi interface. Took about 45 minutes to install, and about 5 to calibrate via sysex.

After initial set up, the new settings are changeable from the keyboard (or sys-ex, but the keyboard method is easy)

Highly recommended.

Here's the link:

https://www.virtual-music.at/en/moog/

Moog The One, VV 64 EP, Wurlies 200A 140 7300, Forte 7, Mojo 61, OB-6, Prophet 6, Polaris, Hammond A100, Farfisa VIP, ,Young Chang 6', Voyager, E7 Clav, Midiboard, Linnstrument, Seaboard

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I put in a preorder, and it was filled within a week. I think he just wants be able to build a few at a time.
Moog The One, VV 64 EP, Wurlies 200A 140 7300, Forte 7, Mojo 61, OB-6, Prophet 6, Polaris, Hammond A100, Farfisa VIP, ,Young Chang 6', Voyager, E7 Clav, Midiboard, Linnstrument, Seaboard

I am considering it; but it does look like if your main complaint is the stiffness of the pitch wheel, you could just open it up and loosen a bolt?

Its not that simple, Marzzz, unfortunately....

If you dont know what youre doing you can not only throw off the top (sharp) range but also the center stability.

I talked to my tech and balked at any non-Moog factory adjustment and retuned mine for justthat reason. It really pained me because I LOVED that synth.

I truly do not understand why Moog sprung it so tightly. They difd not do it on the grandmother and that is an entirely enjoyable experience.

"I have constantly tried to deliver only products which withstand the closest scrutiny � products which prove themselves superior in every respect.�

Robert Bosch, 1919

• 2 years later...