Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Haynes & Trucks go low-key jazzbo on a classic rock tune

d  halfnote

This one's really cool !

Beyond the surprising setting, w/Trucks commenting on Haynes's quoting of the Hendrix licks (& Warren singing in a vox that reminds me of Jesse Colin Young getting over the flu :D ) they do slowly build some real fire.

I'd point out highlights but the whole dang clip's full of them !

Those cats really took that band back to a level equal to the original Allman/Betts days...

...& (dare I say it ? Yes, I must !) maybe even better.

[video:youtube]

Those cats really took that band back to a level equal to the original Allman/Betts days...& (dare I say it ? Yes, I must !) maybe even better.

As much as I love what the Tedeschi-Trucks Band does the pairing of Haynes & Trucks was something we rarely encounter.

Were anyone to need further evidence, just listen to the treatment of this Van Morrison meditation on the ineffable.

Almost unbelievable skill but always in the service of the music, not just blasting chops.

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOwBDlcasZ8

d=halfnote

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:laugh:

What struck me funny in the first clip, was when perusing the "comments" below it, some dimwit posted:

"Love the slow, jazzy treatment. JIMI would've approved" :freak:

What "approval" would JIMI have to give? Wasn't HIS to begin with. ;)

But, as I did hear or read somewhere that BOB dug JIMI's version, he too, probably dug this one too. :love:

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

:laugh:

What struck me funny in the first clip, was when perusing the "comments" below it, some dimwit posted:

"Love the slow, jazzy treatment. JIMI would've approved" :freak:

What "approval" would JIMI have to give? Wasn't HIS to begin with.

But, as I did hear or read somewhere that BOB dug JIMI's version, he too, probably dug this one too. :love:

FWIW, while the Dyl did write the song, the stunning reset that Hendrix gave it is what most ppl remember or know these days.

Even the Dyl quickly adopted the JH arr & continues to follow that template in his perfs to this day.

d=halfnote

Archived