Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Christmas Spirit/Christmas Club

Song80s

https://barbarahinske.com/the-christmas-club/

Verna Lind expects Christmas of 1952 to be the best holiday shes had since the war ended. But as shes leaving the bank, a frigid wind off Lake Erie catches her hard-earned Christmas club savings, whisking the bills into the busy streets of downtown Cleveland and devastating her plans. Strangers come to her aid, though no one anticipates the power of their chance encounter or the seeds of happiness Vernas lost money will sow.

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Almost time to slow it down and allow the Xmas spirit into your soul.

Turn off the Xbox, turn off the TV, and turn off the cell phone for 30 minutes

each night.

Sit down with the wife, S/o, and/or the chill-ins

with this book on your Kindle.

Read a chapter together, without distraction, for 20 minutes every night.

Go back to a simpler time- 1952. No computers. Little crime.

When $5 was a BIG deal. And self sacrifice was part of life.

[70's Songwriter]

No thanks. I wasn't born yet. My parents were only 1 and 2 years old respectively. :laugh:

History tells me it wasn't exactly the best of times for people of color in America.

One person's idea of utopia is another one's h8ll. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

No thanks. I wasn't born yet. My parents were only 1 and 2 years old respectively. :laugh:

History tells me it wasn't exactly the best of times for people of color in America.

One person's idea of utopia is another one's h8ll. :cool:

I hear your point, but I wasn't planning on going political.

Anyone can see whats going on today.

There is heart and virtue in simpler times.

It can be good to get out of one's bubble.

[70's Songwriter]

I certainly didn't want to put a damper on your well intentioned thread and/or politicize it.

However, we should be mindful of the fact that folks live different realities. No bubble. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

I certainly didn't want to put a damper on your well intentioned thread and/or politicize it.

However, we should be mindful of the fact that folks live different realities. No bubble. :cool:

I think its easy or accidental to hit a nerve ending.

Not trying to 'sell ' anything with my post. Or necessarily make a case of A vs B

Its voluntary to look at a time slice of Americana,holiday times, as illustrated

in this story.

There are many ways to celebrate. We live in a land of great abundance.

[70's Songwriter]

Speaking for myself, I definitely need to slow down. End of year always gets crazy, and this one is no exception, if not a bit more than previous years. My daughter has been a wonderful blessing, but has really created a major disruption.

Really looking forward for a 2 week vacation in Rio in a few weeks. Spending the holidays in another city helps me tune out a bit and enjoy, especially the years (like this one), that we can get the whole family together.

We certainly live in interesting times. Recently finished watching the the "Dark net" series in Netflix. Taking the fluff out, there was some stuff I was aware of, but a lot of eye openers. I think going back to simpler times (whatever that means to each) is certainly a noble goal.

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

Speaking for myself, I definitely need to slow down. End of year always gets crazy, and this one is no exception, if not a bit more than previous years. My daughter has been a wonderful blessing, but has really created a major disruption.

Really looking forward for a 2 week vacation in Rio in a few weeks. Spending the holidays in another city helps me tune out a bit and enjoy, especially the years (like this one), that we can get the whole family together.

We certainly live in interesting times. Recently finished watching the the "Dark net" series in Netflix. Taking the fluff out, there was some stuff I was aware of, but a lot of eye openers. I think going back to simpler times (whatever that means to each) is certainly a noble goal.

Hi Rod, good to hear from you. My wife is good at pushing me into the slow it down/ holiday spirit.

While she is 9 yrs younger than I, she and I like the same decades of 'nostalgia' .

To me and her, nostalgia has a way of finding us. Family discussions lead to remembering

what our parents and older sibs lived thru. Then we start trying to relate to their experience.

Ironically, older jazz also found me. I didn't get it during the 60's, for example.

These days, my appreciation is building. Miles Davis is a strong example.

I am an avid Netflix and Amazon Prime series watcher. We should compare notes on that

sometime.

[70's Songwriter]

Archived