Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Happy birthday to Josh Paxton!

Joe Muscara

I know most of us are celebrating something else today, but I wanted to point out to all of you that today is FunkKeyStuff's, er, Josh Paxton's birthday! Not only is he one of the funniest people I have met, but his wife is even funnier. Together, well, forget about breathing. You're just going to hyperventilate. And, they're great musicians and great people. Josh put out an album recently, and it's fantastic. I recommend checking it out. I don't know where you can get it besides him or this link, but you can preview the tracks at the link as well.

They're on their honeymoon in Hawaii right now I think, so I don't know when he'll see this, but

Happy birthday, Josh!

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Happy b'day to the guy formerly known as FKS. Wishing you a great one and many more. Also, congrats on the nuptials. :thu::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Oh good, I was hoping his next album would be another solo piano effort. I'll try to absorb it same as I would anything from Jon CLeary, Joe Krown or . . . well, I don't know who else is alive and recording and in their league for Nawleans piano right now.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

My goodness, y'all. Belated thanks for the birthday love! Joe's right, I'm typing this from my room on my honeymoon in Maui, so it's taken me a bit to see this thread. But I will happily take a moment away from staring out the window at the gorgeous ocean and mountains to express my appreciation for your kind words.

Congratulations on your marriage. Josh - I've got to know: is your wife the star of this thread ?

No, let's just say that endeavor ended poorly. But given what has transpired since then, to say I have no regrets would be a ridiculous understatement. I now have the coolest wife in the world, and I no longer have to pretend to like Springsteen.

I no longer have to pretend to like Springsteen.
:roll:

Geddy Lee, OTOH ;)

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Archived