Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Yet another one of those "What keyboard is this?" questions

Piktor

Let's see if I can stump the forum.

These guys have some some pretty funky old gear in their studio. Can any of you identify the three manual keyboard instrument that sits in the background? You get a clear view at the 8:00 mark.

[video:youtube]

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow...no idea. I thought maybe some sort of mellotron type of thing or a harmonium, but no luck on the internet.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

I sold home organs and never saw anything like that. Because the keys themselves are short and in such an odd configuration, my thought was maybe an electronic chimes or celeste console. On church organs you'll see a swing out mini keyboard for chimes. No luck on that so far on Goober but I'll keep looking. Fascinating!

9 Moog things, 3 Roland things, 2 Hammond things and a computer with stuff on it

The Keyboard in question can be seen in the second photo of the slideshow linked below. There are only a few buttons and no stop tabs which would suggest it has a fixed sound like a reed organ. The keyboards are only 25 notes with a very unusual key range.

http://www.wbgo.org/post/pay-visit-los-angeles-studio-adrian-younge-renaissance-man-vintage-soul#stream/0

C3/122, M102A, Vox V301H, Farfisa Compact, Gibson G101, GEM P, RMI 300A, Piano Bass, Pianet , Prophet 5 rev. 2, Pro-One, Matrix 12, OB8, Korg MS20, Jupiter 6, Juno 60, PX-5S, Nord Stage 3 Compact

What a useless looking contraption. I haven't seen anything like it and now I burn with curiosity as to what it is.

Kawai C-60 Grand Piano : Hammond A-100 : Hammond SK2 : Yamaha CP4 : Yamaha Montage 7 : Moog Sub 37

My latest album: Funky organ, huge horn section

https://bobbycressey.bandcamp.com/album/cali-native

I think it's three MIDI controllers mounted in a custom cabinet. ;)

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Not sure what it is, but man that sq10 makes me depressed that I sold mine! Loved that sequencer

HammondCV,M3,L101,C6,SK1,xk5,Farfisa Combo Compact,RolandVR09,JX8P,vk09,Sound Canvas,CrumarTraveler1,Rhodes suitcase73,Wurly200,HohnerD6,KorgMS20,CasioCZ-101,Yamaha CP25,TX7,mx61,CasioCZ-101,PX110

I came across a photo of the backside of the Selene yesterday and didn't know what it was. It can be seen here with a bit of info about it.

http://www.parisdjs.com/index.php/post/Interview-with-Adrian-Younge

C3/122, M102A, Vox V301H, Farfisa Compact, Gibson G101, GEM P, RMI 300A, Piano Bass, Pianet , Prophet 5 rev. 2, Pro-One, Matrix 12, OB8, Korg MS20, Jupiter 6, Juno 60, PX-5S, Nord Stage 3 Compact

Looks like some kind of early 80s squarewave based home organ with a limited tone palette. If it is the pedal could be for a filter. Maybe it could be some sort of harmonium as well, since I see a swell pedal. Maybe its a 3 keyboard custom job?
Yamaha MX49, Casio SK1/WK-7600, Korg Minilogue, Alesis SR-16, Casio CT-X3000, FL Studio, many VSTs, percussion, woodwinds, strings, and sound effects.

Archived