Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Dr. Phibes!

mate stubb

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The whole Dr. Phibes series is Liberace on mescaline. I saw the first installment on a big screen and then had to walk home a couple of miles in the semi-dark. I laughed and gave myself 4 demerits for feeling creeped out. Vincent would be proud.

"I want to be an intellectual, but I don't have the brainpower.
  The absent-mindedness, I've got that licked."
        ~ John Cleese

Wow -- 30+ years since I have seen that. As I recall, Mr. Price was proud of the character as being a bit deeper than all the Hammer-esque films he had done.

I never figured out how he got the honey to drip on that one victim without waking 'em.

Liberace on mescaline

That's gotta be the second rarest phrase in the English language, the rarest of course being "highly respected keytarist."

-Tom Williams

{First Name} {at} AirNetworking {dot} com

PC4-7, PX-5S, AX-Edge, PC361

Wow -- 30+ years since I have seen that. As I recall, Mr. Price was proud of the character as being a bit deeper than all the Hammer-esque films he had done.

I never figured out how he got the honey to drip on that one victim without waking 'em.

Liberace on mescaline

That's gotta be the second rarest phrase in the English language, the rarest of course being "highly respected keytarist."

What? Know you not Keytar Bear?

[video:youtube]

IIRC, the victim had been drugged before having her head coated with that green, honey/vegetable goo. The resulting view of her insect-ravaged skull freaked me out big time, as a kid. I still loved the movie, though. For a long time I dreamed of our church organist playing "War March of The Priests".

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

Archived