Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

VFE - Is closing.

CEB

I guess VFE is closing. For what it's worth I always thought he did some nice stuff.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I had no idea what VFE is/was, so I went to Bing.com, and found vfepedals.com on the second search page. They look like nice pedals, but even if they're the best pedals on Earth, if hardly anyone knows about them, that company will go nowhere. So sayeth the guy with a degree in Marketing and Management. :)
I rock; therefore, I am.

Seconded by another, similarly credentialed person. You cant sell jack if nobody knows your products are in the market.

I had heard of them, personally, but hadnt seen anyone using them or talking about them.

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

I had heard of them, personally, but hadnt seen anyone using them or talking about them.

:/;) Well, other than me, posting rave reviews here about the four outstanding VFE pedals that I purchased here and there over the past few years, brand-new; in particular, the very unique VFE Bumble Bee is a favorite that will ALWAYS be at the ready and frequently deployed, a vital part of my signature sound and style.

The White Horse is nice.

Highly recommended; a great clean, clear (unless you WANT it to be gritty and overdriven, which it will serve up) optical-compressor that works very well with my Les Paul in particular and humbuckers in general, as opposed to the ubiquitous Ross/Dynacomp and Orange Squeezer type compressors, which do not work well with humbuckers. The White Horse's Blend control is especially useful for dialing in stellar squeeze that sounds and feels natural and beautiful.

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

By the way, the reasons for VFE's closing are primarily, perhaps entirely, due to developments involving Mr. Rutter's immediate family and his other occupational scenarios. I don't believe that the company is exactly failing.

Well, other than me,p...

Too true. Other than you, nobody.

I dare say, youre probably the person who hipped me to VFE in the first place.

I became a big fan of Mr. Rutter's designs, own four of his pedals, and desire more. I have a Fiery Red Horse, an Enterprise Phaser, a BumbleBee, and a White Horse. All stellar!!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

I have a White Horse pedal, and out of all the compressors I have tried, it's my favorite. Having a blend control seems to be the secret to making a compressor work the way I want it to. I doubt Mr. Rutter came up with that idea on his own, but I won't use one that doesn't have a blend control again.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Archived