Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

S90xs Sound

SouthIke

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I own a Motif XF which has most of the same sounds. I would think these would be good for starters. EQ to taste.

A06 Piano Rock S6

A07 Bright Piano S6 (not on my Motif, but I'm guessing it has similar qualities to the Rock Grand Piano below - different piano sample)

A08 Rock Grand Piano

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76, PC4 (88) | Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

What is the best piano sound on the S90xs for Black Gospel music?

I'd say a proficient Gospel pianist who understands the style would produce the best sound. ;) Other than that, just find one that's full and dynamic. Let your ears and fingers decide. :cool:

><>

Steve

Mine. I'll see if I can find a link. I doubt the sever where I stored them is still running. David Farhner did some nice mods to the S6 pianos fixing the weird unevenness in the bass. This was quite a while ago.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Rock Grand was my go to on that piano. Loved the way that the L and wasn't too powerful. Seems kinda bright on it's own but it sits nicely in the band without your L hand conflicting with the bass or guitar.

You want me to start this song too slow or too fast?

Forte7, Nord Stage 3, XK3c, OB-6, Arturia Collection, Mainstage, MotionSound KBR3D. A bunch of MusicMan Guitars, Line6 stuff

Thank you, everyone. Great info. CEB: I read that entire post. Thank you for sharing.

I played around with the sounds at Rehearsal Saturday night. Yesterday at church I decided to use the Rock Grand.

Iconoclast - I agree. It's a bit bright, but it cuts through the mix better. For talk music, I'll switch to a patch on my mainstage (pretty simple music Lush Piano). But for everything else, I loved the Rock Grand yesterday.

Archived