Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Nord Stage 3. Output Routing...

ewall08530

Today I finally took delivery of my stage 3 Compact after waiting two weeks for UPS It had shipped to California by mistake but arrived today.

I love having physical drawbars again and the additional piano memory with larger samples is really cool.

One thing I am struggling with is the output routing. I have a trio gig this weekend and I'll be splitting the Stage and playing left-handed bass along with pianos and organs.

On my stage 2 I would set the global routing like this:

Piano section - output 1

Organ section - output 3

Synth section ( bass sample) -output 4.

On the Stage 3 it's not that simple.

You can have a global setting or you can save output routings for each individual program.

I've read the manual over and over and searched for videos dealing with this but still haven't been able to get that set up I'm looking for either globally or per program

I could use some help from any stage 3 owners who have become familiar with how to set the outputs.

Thanks'

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did you check out the Nord User Forum? I suspect this has been addressed there. I dont have a NS3 yet, but have heard that the output routing capabilities are currently a bit less flexible than NS2. I believe you can route each Panel separately, but maybe not each of the individual sections.

I did a quick search and found this thread that has some of the answer, I think.

https://www.norduserforum.com/post90178.html?hilit=output%20routing#p90178

"Nord Stage 3 - Update History

v1.12 (2017-09-20)

New features:

A new menu option was added for Output Routing, in the System menu: For each Panel one sound engine can now be routed independently. This is done by setting Sub to either Org, Pno or Syn and Dest (Destination) to 1+2, 3+4, 3 or 4. Note: The output of the Rotary effect is always routed to outputs 1+2."

To me, this sounds like you could probably do what you need if you use one panel for your organ going to output 3 and the other panel for your synth going to output 4. At least that's the way that description read to me that one sound engine from each panel can be routed independently.

The Leslie rotary going to output 1&2 is the same way the NS2 works.

There may be more out there, but thought I'd share and hope it helps.

Archived