Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Casio PX-5s boot up probs.

jahfume

Recently fired up the Px5 - its been in storage in it's gig bag for a while - and it will not play.

It boots up with an error message 'no media' with all LEDs to the left of the screen blinking fast. I put in a USB stick with a loadable file and the message changes to 'No file' and LEDs blink away. Press EXIT - nothing changes - its stuck!

Is there a way to boot up the board whilst holding down a combination of buttons to get out of this hang up?

Hoping some one here can suggest what to do as its well out of warranty and the casio.com site dosent seem to get much traffic.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a known problem. Re-install the firmware. And don't go to a gig without taking that thumb drive with you, in case it happens again.

http://www.casiomusicforums.com/index.php?/topic/12454-no-media-error/

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Thanks a lot! You guys are better than google. :like:

Im up and running now.

Its just when things like this happen you think the Gods are against you.

Wonder if there will be another new firmware from Casio the current one is from like four years ago.

I also suggest you join the PX-5S group on Facebook, if you have an account there. It's a very large and very active user group with some very knowledgable members who you can ask such questions to if the need arises again.

Nord Stage 2 Compact, Yamaha MODX8

Archived