Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Oh my-Deep Purple coming in October

skipclone 1

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's been so many combined original members' deaths and other departures and personnel turnovers I'd consider the band touring now as more of a "tribute" band than anything else. ;)

Should perhaps call themselves, "KEEP PURPLE". :D;)

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

While I've bought most of the DP albums with Steve Morse on guitar, I have yet to see them live with him. Would love to do so before they call it quits.

If you get to see them, enjoy the heck out of it!

"Am I enough of a freak to be worth paying to see?"- Separated Out (Marillion)

NEW band Old band

The current lineup is original members (at least original from the Smoke On The Water era) are lead singer Ian Gillan, drummer Ian Paice, and bassist Roger Glover. Steve Morse is on guitar (Ritchie Blackmore is no longer welcome) and Don Airey is on keyboards (the legendary Jon Lord died a few years ago).
I rock; therefore, I am.

I saw them in the summer of 14 in California. They put on a very good show. There's no doubt that Steve Morse is a great guitarist but for me Ritchie Blackmore was irreplaceable.
"Let me stand next to your fire!", Jimi Hendrix

Well, it won't be like this (really, gotta chk this)...

[video:youtube]

or this (chk 1:45~1:17 for some unbelievable gtr technique from RB)

...but it might be a little like this

d=halfnote

I have had a strangely hard time tracking down DP`s music since Steve joined-don`t really know song or album titles off the top of my head.

I thought at first he would take the band in a very different direction-love his music but RB and himself are different guitarists. I like what I heard live. When I get time I want to hear what they are doing on some recordings.

Steve is one of the very few great players I got to meet and talk with, albeit briefly.

Same old surprises, brand new cliches-

Skipsounds on Soundclick:

www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandid=602491

They recorded the album "Now What?" in 2013 with Steve. I think it's very good. Produced by Bob Ezrin and dedicated to Jon Lord.
"Let me stand next to your fire!", Jimi Hendrix

I thought at first he would take the band in a very different direction-love his music but RB and himself are different guitarists.

Yeah, but he was hired to be the gtr in DP, not to make them over.

d=halfnote

Archived