Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Gearfest 2018 - KC hang?

Dave Bryce

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Unlike NAMM, the reps at Gearfest are there specifically to talk to end users.

Completely true. I love not having any dealer meetings and just getting to hang and geek out on gear.

I'm psyched to actually get to play a Seven. Mine is waiting for me there - they got to play with it before I do. The JBL folks are setting me up with a nice sound system for it and the Mojo61.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

I going to try to make it. Would like meeting you all.......
Montage 7, Mojo 61, PC-3, XK-3c Pro, Kronos 88, Hammond SK-1, Motif XF- 7, Hammond SK-2, Roland FR-1, FR-18, Hammond B3 - Blond, Hammond BV -Cherry

• 2 weeks later...
Thought I was gonna make it this year (even registered and chose hotel), but alas, I've just learned I can no longer make it fit into the schedule :( Wanted to do that dinner hang more than the show I think, but I always say it's better to be making money than spending it. :laugh:

Thought I was gonna make it this year (even registered and chose hotel), but alas, I've just learned I can no longer make it fit into the schedule :( Wanted to do that dinner hang more than the show I think, but I always say it's better to be making money than spending it. :laugh:

Bummer!! Was hoping you could make it.

Hey, don't cancel your hotel just yet (if you haven't aleard). I think brother Steve Force may need one.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

Bummer!! Was hoping you could make it.

Hey, don't cancel your hotel just yet (if you haven't aleard). I think brother Steve Force may need one.

dB

I was hoping this also but such is life. Are all the hotels sold out?

:nopity:

• 2 weeks later...

Although I missed the dinner since Jim Alfredson and I came down on Saturday, I still throughly enjoyed myself. It was fantastic finally meeting people in person I have "known" for years via this fine forum. I learned a lot and had a chance to really get to know the Pittsburgh Modular (eurorack ) system. The DSI Sequential Prophet X is to KILL for--it is THAT good; I know - I had a Prophet 12 and this board is that much better. Good stuff!

Oh, and brother dB hasn't lost any energy at all even though he is becoming, like me, an "old Fart." :)

Steve Force,

Durham, North Carolina

--------

My Professional Websites

It was fantastic finally meeting people in person I have "known" for years via this fine forum.

The DSI Sequential Prophet X is to KILL for--it is THAT good;

Agree with both of these comments.

I'll post more late tonight or tomorrow when I have more time

:nopity:

Quick recap:

dB and AE, always great seeing you guys.

Crumar7 was very nice to play. One of the best response/feel actions I've ever felt on a weighted. Don't judge it, play it 1st.

Picked up a Prophet Rev2-16 and an Arturia Keylab-88. The UVI Model D that was bundled was worth the entire cost of admission. Pretty sweet.

See ya next year. :D

~ vonnor

Gear:

Hardware: Nord Stage4, Korg Kronos 2, Novation Summit

Software: Cantabile 3, Halion Sonic 3 and assorted VST plug-ins.

here is an image of Bucktunes playing the Crumar 7. Dude can play. :2thu:
(Ill spare you reposting the pic. I see Dave caught my fat side! :laugh:;) )

Thanks Dave, and thanks dB for letting me indulge myself on it. :) Kind of a pleasant surprise, since it wasnt on my shopping list to try out. I didnt expect to like it that much! :thu:

It sure was a great weekend, getting to meet and hang with several forumites, and Michael Boddicker. Talk about a treat...Has he joined here yet? He was asking about it. :cool: When I planned to make the trip I considered it a bucket list event, but I think I can handle making that trip once a year. Ive already put it on my calendar for next year! :cool:

><>

Steve

Archived