Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

More oscillators than a fan factory

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like that would save me the trouble of racking a bunch of synths.

Of course, with the price being up in the air it could turn out to be more feasible to stick with what I know.

Grey

I'm not interested in someone's ability to program. I'm interested in their ability to compose and play.

More oscillators can easily = mud if not properly corralled. I'm sure its super-duper-saw is ear-catching, but if the downstream parameters are as meaty as the oscillators, its as much a sound-designer's specialty synth as a player's mainliner. Besides, that very EDM demo makes it clear that its Virus-minded. That's a good thing, since a Virus is an accepted powerhouse. Don't ask it to be a piano, of course. :keys:

"I like that rapper with the bullet in his nose!"
 "Yeah, Bulletnose! One sneeze and the whole place goes up!"
       ~ "King of the Hill"

For all the fact that he speaks of Moog filters, etc. the stuff I listened to (didn't make it all the way through the video, short on time, I'll try to get back to it later) sounded more like the DSI house sound than Moog.

Grey

I'm not interested in someone's ability to program. I'm interested in their ability to compose and play.

I watched the whole sonicstate report and couldn't help notice the little "Vivado HLS" Icon on the notebook with patch editor:

http://www.theover.org/Keybdmg/val_hls.png

makes me wonder if there'a a Zynq "under the hood".

Clean sounding, accurate instrument is my first impression.

T

Archived