Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Father/son activities

Bobby Simons

A father and son doing stuff together - it's a time-honored tradition that probably dates back to, well, the beginning. It might be fishing, building projects in the garage, going to sporting events. These two go down to the basement and crush Gentle Giant tunes. Brings a tear to my eye.

[video:youtube]

Yamaha P515 & CK88, Pianoteq, Mainstage, iOS, assorted other stuff.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am trying to convince my father to do some jamming with me. Not very successful so far, but I am not asking for much. He doesnt play an instrument, but I would already be happy if he would strum alternatingly F major and C major on the ukulele. I could bring him to strum only C major though. Listening to jazz music has been the passion of his life, but he thinks he is too old to learn how to play a musical instrument now. I am trying to convince him to learn to play one. I think he would love it. Also I dont think he is too old. He is 80 now, but fit/active/healthy, and definitely he could learn a few chords on the uke. Stubborn selfish old guy.... :-)

He would definitely love to play an instrument. Listening to music has been his life. Anyone in the same situation, any advice?

2019 W.Hoffmann T122 upright, Roland FP-50, Roland RD64, Korg Microkorg

Archived