Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

RIP Steven Hawking

Dave Bryce

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RIP...wish we hand another 10,000 like him and Robert Persig in the world, we need them. He absolutely did his best to help us ..Thank You!

CP-50, YC 73,  FP-80, PX5-S, NE-5d61, Kurzweil SP6, XK-3, CX-3, Hammond XK-3, Yamaha YUX Upright, '66 B3/Leslie 145/122

Brilliant individual who managed to gain notoriety beyond the sciences to become widely known and capture the public imagination. Tremendous, triumphant life and presence.

I remember being in high school (late 80s) and reading "A Brief History of Time". Everyone said he would only live a few years due to his disability. Glad everyone was wrong.

Hope he is enjoying a cup of tea with Carl Sagan somewhere talking about the cosmos.

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

Stephen Hawking's contributions to theoretical physics were probably second only to Albert Einstein's, on whose birthday (Pi Day) Hawking passed away. (He was also born on the 300th anniversary of Galileos death.)

We were all very lucky that ALS claimed Hawking so much later than predicted, but he will be sorely missed nonetheless.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Stephen appeared on "The Big Bang Theory" and insisted that he use his voicing computer for his lines. Attaboy! A good sense of humor is sometimes one of the high signs of a sharp mind. I bow to the great footprints he left in his life.

Absurdity, n. A statement or belief manifestly inconsistent with one's own opinion.
    ~ "The Devil's Dictionary," Ambrose Bierce

Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.

It matters that you don't just give up.

Stephen Hawking

"Turn your fingers into a dust rag and keep them keys clean!" ;) Bluzeyone

Hawking was an exceptional genius that shared something in common with this forum. He was at his best when he avoided religion and politics.
Casio PX-5S, Korg Kronos 61, Omnisphere 2, Ableton Live, LaunchKey 25, 2M cables

Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.

It matters that you don't just give up.

Stephen Hawking

Beautiful quote.

Why is that those who face life with the greatest challenge leave the world with the greatest contribution. Rest In Peace.

A misguided plumber attempting to entertain | MainStage 3 | Axiom 61 2nd Gen | Pianoteq | B5 | XK3c | EV ZLX 12P

It was inevitable that he would go sometime. The years passed and the grains of sand accumulated on the other side of the scales, weighing against him. Still, he persevered. The grains kept accumulating. Still, he persevered. While I'm sure that he had down days where he felt, "what's the use?" I never heard of them; they were probably only known to those closest to him. What did come across was humility, humor, and a never-ending sense of wonder and curiosity. Intellects like his don't come along often...that we had him for as long as we did strikes me as a wonderful thing.

Should I ever be stricken with a debilitating disease, I hope I remember to look to him as an example of what can be done in spite of overwhelming odds against you.

Each man and each woman has to face their trials alone--no one knows what trips the balance. I don't claim to know what was in Keith Emerson's heart and mind when he took his life. I only wish that--somehow--he and Steven Hawking could have talked; that perhaps Keith could have found a different path than the one he chose. Teaching, perhaps? Composing? Comparing the two makes me glad that Steven chose to stay and sad that Keith chose to leave.

To have had Steven Hawking for as long as we did and that he remained mentally active to the end makes me proud to be a human. The man was an inspiration on many levels.

Grey

I'm not interested in someone's ability to program. I'm interested in their ability to compose and play.

Archived