Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Anybody seeing Snarky Puppy in LA tomorrow night?

Dave Bryce

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
saw the show is sold out. I just saw them 8 days ago at The Fillmore in Silver Spring MD, a DC suburb. Completely sold out. GA only, elbows to assholes packed. Was my 5th show and most crowded ever by a huge margin. They are starting to get popular. ;)
:nopity:

as a side note the recent show I saw was the most "keyboard centric" show I had witnessed. At one point Michael was playing his Moog Little Phatty, Justin was playing his DSI Prophet 6, Bill was playing a Rhodes piano, and Shawn was playing a Hammond B3. All at the same time. Truly a sight and sound to behold. :cool::keys2:

BUT, SP is doing a show on June 9th at the Hollywood Bowl! Just noticed.....that one I can make..

It's the Playboy Jazz Festival. Pack a lunch...

dB

Oh yeah, that makes more sense. Damn, less interested now. That's a long damn day.

Next time.

Just glad I caught Cory with the Funk Apostles at the end of last year. Different of course, but also inspiring.....

Just glad I caught Cory with the Funk Apostles at the end of last year. Different of course, but also inspiring.....

Different for sure. I have seen the Funk Apostles twice. Funk Apostles are more about Corey Henry than Snarky Puppy was, best I can tell, which is also, best I can tell, the way Corey Henry likes it. JMO

Last time I saw Corey with Snarky Puppy was 2015.

AS I mentioned in another glad, I'm glad Snarky Puppy is receiving the level of support for what they do. Same goes for the Jam band movement in general too. It is a great deal especially for improvisational music. :thu::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

AS I mentioned in another glad, I'm glad Snarky Puppy is receiving the level of support for what they do. Same goes for the Jam band movement in general too. It is a great deal especially for improvisational music. :thu::cool:

It truly is a refreshing alternative to the formulaic, commoditized drek that passes for 'popular' music on the commercial distribution channels.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

-Mark Twain

Archived