Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Fuming!

Gary75

Definitely confront him - well before it goes out again. If he isn't willing to address it, I would cancel the loan/rental in a heartbeat.

Regardless of who pulled the swap, HE was responsible for the safekeeping of your rig.

Being famous gets him no slack in my book. You did him a major favor and got screwed. How disrespectful.

This...

+1 and a little bit more.

If the person concerned is "famous", (which in my opinion and experience counts for zero when it comes to a person's character) this actually works in your favour. Reputations are hard won, and easily tarnished.

Assuming all you say is true, my counsel would be to go hard and pursue all legally acceptable avenues available to you to recover your stolen property.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

99.9% sure those were originally made for an Atlas driver. It's okay, they work, but be prepared for some fiddling. I suggest having a multi-size hole punch handy in case you need to relocate some holes. The Jensen part has been out of production for decades.

That reminds me, I have a V21 with a bad diaphragm, I need to get off my butt and learn how to do this replacement first-hand.

Hammond: L111, M100, M3, BC, CV, Franken CV, A100, D152, C3, B3

Leslie: 710, 760, 51C, 147, 145, 122, 22H, 31H

Yamaha: CP4, DGX-620, DX7II-FD-E!, PF85, DX9

Roland: VR-09, RD-800

Thanks Wes. I've since determined that my questionable driver was not a driver problem at all. But when the time comes I'd sure hate to be caught by surprise in the middle of the operation. Prior to replacement I'll contact Rick at Tonewheel General to glean any insight and tips he may have.

Apologies for taking this OT.

It wouldn't surprise me if parts were swapped because we had an agent come to our rehearsal, and he said bands that carry a real B3 and Leslie have two of them. One is used for parts.
Korg 01W/FD, Hammond XK-2, Neo Ventilator2, JBL Eon, Rhodes 88

Gary75 - check your speaker magnet and the area between between basket and the cone for the missing screw.

eric - that should be in your rental agreement.

Archived