Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

shipping in a gator or SKB hard case

hazerkeys

I will ask the good folks at UPS or FedEx as well, but just in case any of you have ever had this experience (good, bad or ugly) .. i am looking to sell my (new model) CX-3 which is also in a hard (gator) road case - rather than try and look for a "box" to ship the keyboard in, was considering selling it with the hard road case ... can you (if properly sealed with additional tape, etc) ship like that do you know ??

PC1x, Hammond XK1c, Deep Mind 6, MS500 (gig rig)

Kurz PC4, Mini Moog Model D, Little Phatty, Hammond M3, Leslie 145, viscount op-3, Behringer model D, Roland GAIA.. (home studio)

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd still put it in a box with padding. Would you throw the keyboard around in the case? That's what is going to happen to it.

Live: Korg Kronos 2 88, Nord Electro 5d Nord Lead A1

Toys: Roland FA08, Novation Ultranova, Moog LP, Roland SP-404SX, Roland JX10,Emu MK6

www.bksband.com

www.echoesrocks.com

Unless it's super tight I would put it in a box but tell them to double box it and add a lot of packing.... I sold my old Korg SGX/Pro and it looks like it had been dropped off of something ...the front rail was cracked, bent and slammed along with the associated keys...the instrument was totaled...Ins. covered it for the buyer but I had to maintain the UPS claim and all, a pain in the neck.... my was sold/shipped in a semi-soft case with a lot a lot of packing.(I'll never ever do that again)...but it was dropped for sure some how! Even so, without a drop I would double box unless it's an ATA case and even then make sure it's tight tight tight inside!

CP-50, YC 73,  FP-80, PX5-S, NE-5d61, Kurzweil SP6, XK-3, CX-3, Hammond XK-3, Yamaha YUX Upright, '66 B3/Leslie 145/122

as always ... appreciate the advice from all on here !! :)

PC1x, Hammond XK1c, Deep Mind 6, MS500 (gig rig)

Kurz PC4, Mini Moog Model D, Little Phatty, Hammond M3, Leslie 145, viscount op-3, Behringer model D, Roland GAIA.. (home studio)

Archived