Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Behringer's at it Again

burningbusch

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This article says somebody got himself a free 2600 clone coming because he said nice things.

Wait...what?

How can he get a free 2600 clone that we were assured was only a concept?

Grey

I'm not interested in someone's ability to program. I'm interested in their ability to compose and play.

This article says somebody got himself a free 2600 clone coming because he said nice things.

Wait...what?

How can he get a free 2600 clone that we were assured was only a concept?

Grey

He's lucky, I guess?

I don't read GearSlutz so you'll have to do some link-hopping to get to the thread and see if Uli really promised that guy.

I don't read GearSlutz...

I have nothing against GearSlutz (or any other music forum, for that matter), but crikey, how on earth can anyone keep up with more than one or two and still sleep? I keep an occasional eye on a guitar forum or two, but rarely post. I used to be fairly active on a bass forum for a while, but as I began shifting towards guitar, that waned. Now I'm hanging out here and I swear it's like standing in a line somewhere...you're twiddling your thumbs, waiting your turn...suddenly you notice that the line next to you is moving much faster. You sneak over into that line, only to look back and see that your original line is moving and you've now stagnated again. Can't win.

I'll just stay in this line and wait for Santa or Uli or someone to notice that I'm here and drop off a Voyager XL. 'Cause for sure if I start standing in the GearSlutz line, the action will suddenly be elsewhere.

Grey

I'm not interested in someone's ability to program. I'm interested in their ability to compose and play.

GRollins - you want to talk about IT disasters.......I am incensed at what is happening at the Government of Canada right now, and OH SO HAPPY I have nothing to do with it.

They rolled out a new pay system in Feb 2016. The shuttered the existing pay system right after it cut the cheques for Jan 2016. Laid off the employees, disposed of the real estate, the whole nine yards.

It's now Dec 2018 and the new system is still not working right. An estimated 50% of government workers have been affected to some degree. Prison guards, customs agents, Mounties, faceless pencil pushers, everybody. Some have been overpaid. Some have been underpaid. Some haven't been paid. The pay system is so complex that most workers are unable to calculate their own paycheques, and so a demand from their employer to pay back $5000 or whatever hurts like hell. To add insult to injury... probably $1000 of that money will have already been sent to the Federal government in income tax, and they can't get it back until tax time. There are literally government workers losing their homes because they can't pay their mortgages because they haven't been paid for work they've done.

I am so glad I had nothing to do with that.

That idiotic roll-out without keeping the legacy system in parallel? The hired two sets of consultants to review the project 2 months before launch. One group said, "OMG Look rainbow ponies!". The other group said, "Hey - uh - of all the departments we interviewed, not one has yet successfully completed an end-to-end test."

Guess which group they listened to? Ponies for everybody!

Hammond: L111, M100, M3, BC, CV, Franken CV, A100, D152, C3, B3

Leslie: 710, 760, 51C, 147, 145, 122, 22H, 31H

Yamaha: CP4, DGX-620, DX7II-FD-E!, PF85, DX9

Roland: VR-09, RD-800

WesG,

Boy, does that sound familiar. It's always seemed to me that people like the "pony" consultants should be charged with fraud. We've got 'em here too.

And to think that there are people who go all gaga over this crap; they can't possibly believe that anyone would or could perpetrate a scam of this scale in plain view. Crikey. All you've got to do is look up all the lawsuits involved with this stuff.

Hope Canada doesn't have any secrets in their computer system. It's one thing for Uli & Co. to have their plans flapping in the breeze (...with possible ERP culpability), it's another when it's a government.

Oh...wait...governments are all about secrets...uh, oh.

You have my sympathy, man.

Grey

Here is the official statement from Uli regarding the leak.

"Why product information leaked

While we constantly work on improving our systems, in this instance things didnt go according to plan. In this recent event our programmers accidentally disabled code that should have prevented product information to be published until it hits the dedicated Milestone 7. The moment we were made aware of the leak, we immediately removed those pages and trust me it was a hectic night to say the very least!

As Michael from our LA office posted, at no stage was this a marketing ploy and as many can see, the leak has been quite damaging for our company. If we wanted to share information we could have simply posted it on of the forums as we often do. We're always happy to engage with you in different social media and forum communities as this has become an integral part of our customer engagement."

Boring programmer SNAFU.

And regarding the GS poster Pontus who will, AT SOME TIME IN THE FUTURE get a free 2600...

"Hi Pontus,

thank you for your kind note which encouraged me to reply:-)

I can tell that you are a very passionate musician and people like you are the reason why we do what we do.

Once we have the first 2600 synths coming off the production line, I'll send you one as a free gift. Please send me a PM with your address.

Just ignore negative people and focus on what gets you excited. That's the universal recipe for success and happiness.

Uli

P.S. We have a great Lab Gruppen office located in Kungsbacka and if you're ever in their neighborhood, feel free to drop by.

A misguided plumber attempting to entertain | MainStage 3 | Axiom 61 2nd Gen | Pianoteq | B5 | XK3c | EV ZLX 12P

Well, nothing can outsmart stupidity.

Anybody who doesn't challenge consultant's 'rainbow ponies' speeches (I'll start using this) - or any service provider - is sinking themselves in mud faster than they think. I've lost count on how often I've seen this, in all sorts of projects.

This happens not only in IT. I've worked with "Global FSDC (Full Service Design Contractors)" with the seasoned electrical engineering expert screwing up so bad that me - mechanical engineer who hasn't design a thing in 20 years - catch during a review meeting.

Luckily, I've had the experience working with tremendous folks who went out of their way to work around the snafus. I'm forever in debt to two young girls who worked overtime (nonpaid) for about 3 months a few years back so that things didn't go into a complete halt due to a process implementation catastrophe. They were in another area, so no much I could do directly for them in terms of promotions and bonus, but did as much as possible trying to influence.

Thanks for sharing the experience in Canada... seen similar experiences here in Brazil way too often.

More on topic with the data leak - Working for a company that has had serious problems with industrial espionage (from others), as well as exposure to potential lawsuits, I have to be obsessively careful with this type of stuff. They honestly have to rethink their proprietary information protection policies.

Korg Kronos X73 / ARP Odyssey / Motif ES Rack / Roland D-05 / JP-08 / SE-05 / Jupiter Xm / Novation Mininova / NL2X / Waldorf Pulse II

MBP-LOGIC

American Deluxe P-Bass, Yamaha RBX760

"Just ignore negative people and focus on what gets you excited. That's the universal recipe for success and happiness."

That Uli is a bright guy. This is *so true*. I bet that guy enjoys the hell out of his 2600 when he gets it!

Hammond: L111, M100, M3, BC, CV, Franken CV, A100, D152, C3, B3

Leslie: 710, 760, 51C, 147, 145, 122, 22H, 31H

Yamaha: CP4, DGX-620, DX7II-FD-E!, PF85, DX9

Roland: VR-09, RD-800

Archived