Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Kurzweil Program Mode / Setup Mode via Midi?

TomKittel

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know the answer to your question, but you could maybe solving it by storing the Setups and Programs into a Q-access bank. Then you can just send program changes to change the patches (programs and setups).

Rudy

I don't know the answer to your question, but you could maybe solving it by storing the Setups and Programs into a Q-access bank. Then you can just send program changes to change the patches (programs and setups).

Thanks Rudy. But the Artis doesn't have a Q-Access bank.

LIFE IS SHORT, GO GET THE GEAR YOU WANT ;-)

Thanks Rudy. But the Artis doesn't have a Q-Access bank.

ah, oops. It might work on the PC3 though..

Rudy

On the PC3, if my set had a combination of programs and multis (setups), Id created a single layer multi for anything thats just one program, and then just step through the sounds in multi mode. Never needed program mode on a gig.

Is that possible on the Artis? If so, does that work for your situation?

I make software noises.

Unless you lack empty memory slots, I would and do always use just one single mode on a keyboard, on stage. Even if it is just a single program, I copy it over to the multi and use a single program multi. It is easier than fiddle with the program/multi change which most probably requires a sysex command.

Yes, this is always how I programmed my ROMplers for MIDI program change: Put EVERYTHING into the Multi bank, including single-layer sounds, and then send the MIDI command to change between Multi Mode setups instead of Program Mode patches.

Some synths require you to change a parameter in the global settings: "Redirect Incoming MIDI Program Change Messages to Multi Setup Change Messages", or something like that.

Kurzweil PC3, Yamaha MOX8, Alesis Ion, Kawai K3M

But I'm pretty sure Kurz support would know the answer: http://kurzweil.com/support/operational/

Unfortunately not. Jean wrote me: "No the Artis does not support a MIDI message method to migrate modes." This does not seem to be true because the Artis PC editor DOES send a Midi sysex message to migrate between program/multi modes. Need to further investigate that.

In the meantime I found the Midi sysex commands to switch modes on the PC3. Change to setup mode = F0 07 40 00 31 00 00 00 00 00 00 F7, change to program mode = F0 07 40 00 30 00 00 00 00 00 00 F7. On the PC3 it works like a charm.

Now I am obsessed to make it work with the Artis too ;-)

In the meantime I found the Midi sysex commands to switch modes on the PC3.

Change to setup mode = F0 07 40 00 31 00 00 00 00 00 00 F7.

Change to program mode = F0 07 40 00 30 00 00 00 00 00 00 F7.

On the PC3 it works like a charm.

Thank you,- great info !

How did you find out ?

Do all buttons transmit sysex when pressed and those data strings become visible somewhere ?

Probably in a MIDI monitor or such analysing tool ?

I´d be interesting finding codes for all the available Modes on PC3,- Quick Access etc..

A.C.

Do all buttons transmit sysex when pressed and those data strings become visible somewhere ?

Probably in a MIDI monitor or such analysing tool ?

I´d be interesting finding codes for all the available Modes on PC3,- Quick Access etc..

A.C.

Nothing easier than that once you know how to do it ;-)

On the PC3 just turn on Buttons mode (Master -> MAIN -> Buttons: On). Then track Sysex data with Midi-Ox while pressing any PC3 button (Midi-Ox -> View -> Sysex... -> Sysex -> Receive Manual Dump -> Done)

Nothing easier than that once you know how to do it ;-)

On the PC3 just turn on Buttons mode (Master -> MAIN -> Buttons: On). Then track Sysex data with Midi-Ox while pressing any PC3 button (Midi-Ox -> View -> Sysex... -> Sysex -> Receive Manual Dump -> Done)

:like:

thx !

:)

A.C.

Archived