Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Pat Travers/Trios

Delta

I just saw The Pat Travers Band last night here in Florida. It was a tremendous show. Pat with guitar and mic, bass player, and drummer. I've always loved trios whether guitar or keyboard based. They really emphasize bare bones musicality. They did a killer version of "Born Under a Bad Sign", otherwise all original material. His bandmates were half his age (63), but he looked, played and sounded very strong. Good to see these old guys still at the top of their game. He played one guitar the whole show through a myriad of effects. It looked like a simplified custom Les Paul. It was a small venue. His amp was a very large Blackstar which I loved as my main studio amp is a much smaller version. Anyway, whether you care or not, my report regarding an aging rocker, a dying breed.
"Let me stand next to your fire!", Jimi Hendrix

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw Pat Travis back in the mid-1980s at an open-air festival in San Antonio, and had a great time. I think the opening band that night was Dirty Looks.*

Good to hear he's still rockin'!

* [video:youtube]

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

"Old guys"?

You ain't makin' this 66 year old feel any better this mornin'. ;) Not if you call a 63 year old an "old guy".

Glad you enjoyed the show though. And it proves you don' have to hang up your axe at a certain age until your bursitis causes you to have someone hang it up for ya. ;)

And by NOW, it's long been proved by Hendrix and Cream that trios are quite capable of getting the job done. Hell, I'll go one (less) better.....

Lee Michaels KICKED ASS, and it was just him and FROSTY! :cool:

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

Did a private party jam last week with 5 of my old rockers...average age 67...It was great fun and us old rockers never die! Glad you enjoyed the show Delta! There have been some great trios that I love to listen to. I still prefer a 4 piece like The Beatles and CCR though. Probably because I like playing rhythm guitar... :cool:
Take care, Larryz

Archived