Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

iPad Kurzweil Editors IOS 11....arghh!

TomKittel

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Artis SE iPad editor was updated March 2016 and it seems to work with IOS11. But no IOS editor update for the more expensive Artis since 2014? This sucks.

I found the new SP6 tempting. But so far no editor available. Yes, it's promised. But the IOS editor update for the Artis was long promised too...

LIFE IS SHORT, GO GET THE GEAR YOU WANT ;-)

Since this popped up onto Page 1, I thought I'd mention for everyone pissing all over Roland for the Integra 7 iOS editor being discontinued, it's been updated and is iOS 11 compatible.

I'm absolutely certain lots of apologies and retractions are going to follow along in short order from those folks...

:snax:

Since this popped up onto Page 1, I thought I'd mention for everyone pissing all over Roland for the Integra 7 iOS editor being discontinued, it's been updated and is iOS 11 compatible.

I'm absolutely certain lots of apologies and retractions are going to follow along in short order from those folks...

:snax:

That's great news for Integra owners! What a surprise after Roland had said that it would be discontinued.

Well.... I wish Kurzweil would grant the same customer service to Artis owners. Couldn't imagine that Roland some day would be a shining example for Kurzweil... C'mon folks!

Wow...what timing. Kurz releases new versions of the desktop and VST editors for Forte today. Haven't tried them yet.

You want me to start this song too slow or too fast?

Forte7, Nord Stage 3, XK3c, OB-6, Arturia Collection, Mainstage, MotionSound KBR3D. A bunch of MusicMan Guitars, Line6 stuff

I believe the new Forte OS released the other day (2.20) includes a bunch of tweaks to help support the editors. The editors are actually made by a third party company called Sound Tower. It's tricky stuff, and while the small Kurz R&D team is crazy busy with a ton of work on new products and new features for existing products, as far as I can tell they're also doing what they can to assist with the editors.

Be sure to contact them as well as Kurz support if you're having issues.

http://www.soundtower.com/forte/

http://kurzweil.com/support/operational/

.....while the small Kurz R&D team is crazy busy with a ton of work on new products and new features for existing products, as far as I can tell they're also doing what they can to assist with the editors.

Be sure to contact them as well as Kurz support if you're having issues.

http://www.soundtower.com/forte/

http://kurzweil.com/support/operational/

Hi Dave, Thanks for chiming in. Good news for Forte owners indeed. But this doesn't help Artis owners.

Of course I did contact support a couple of months ago. I was promised that an updated Artis iPad editor would be available soon. But nothing since and no more answers from Soundtower.

Is it really too tricky to update the Artis IOS editor? Interestingly enough a working IOS editor is available for the Artis SE since March 2016! I understand that the Kurz R&D team is small and everybody knows that Soundtower is flakey. But this is no excuse for leaving customers out in the rain. The Artis was advertised as programmable with iPad. This was one of the reasons why I spent my hard-earned money less than a year ago. Is it really too much to ask for that a product works as advertised?

Tom

• 5 months later...

Hi All,

just acquired a Kurzweil Artis 7. All good so far (only had it a couple of days) but i came across the iPad app install problem as well. I email both Kurz and Sound Tower. Sound Tower came back to me saying an update was imminent.. Seems users here have heard it before but we shall see. Also, before i spend money on a camera kit to connect my iPad to my Kurz, has anyone tried the Aris SE app with a regular Artis? Are they that different?

Thanks

Lars

...has anyone tried the Aris SE app with a regular Artis? Are they that different?

The Artis SE iPad editor app doesn't work with the Artis 7. It is still a crying shame that Artis and Artis 7 owners are so left out in the rain by Kurzweil/Soundtower. I am sure it would be relatively simple to fix the outdated iPad editor but no one seems to do anything on it other than making false promises followed by silence for years...

Hum yes, indeed, seems the focus is now on Forte development... Still, since the Artis is not announced as Discontinued, they should ensure what they put on their website is valid!

I have asked Sound Tower for timeframe for the update but no reply since... :-(

And Kurzweil didn't even bother to reply to my query even though i just bought a brand new keyboard from them... :-(

Hum yes, indeed, seems the focus is now on Forte development... Still, since the Artis is not announced as Discontinued, they should ensure what they put on their website is valid!

Yes, absolutely.

I have asked Sound Tower for timeframe for the update but no reply since... :-(

And Kurzweil didn't even bother to reply to my query even though i just bought a brand new keyboard from them... :-(

Before I finally pooped out in this matter I experienced the very same about a year ago. This is not what I had expected from Kurzweil. I am sorry, but this is disappointing and just disgraceful.

• 1 month later...

After chasing both Kurzweil (who basically said it wasn't really their problem...) and Soundtower, i was told yesterday that they are working on an update for the Artis iPad editor but it was taking a bit longer than anticipated, however should be here shortly... so fingers crossed.

It would be good if other Artis owners out there could also reach out to them or put a comment on the Appstore to voice their need for an IOS 11 app.

Thanks all!

• 4 weeks later...
Cmon Kurzweil! Dont be a Maybe! The long overdue update for the Artis IOS editor is damaging your reputation as a manufacturer of instruments for the long haul. Its overdue for years (!).

IOS or not ...

Soundtower Editors for Kurzweil were a nightmare already for the PC3 series.

It never worked acceptable for my/the PC3 and was always far away from perfect and reliable.

I doubt the Artis and FORTE versions work much better.

So, buy Kurzweil products being fully editable from frontpanel and avoid buying those needing the software editor urgently.

A.C.

To be fair, i never bought the Artis with the intent of doing deep editing, more as a stage piano which is what they market it as. There is also the Mac editor which works if i wanted to do that.

My only issue is if I want to edit effects on a patch while in rehearsal. I can't do that from the GUI (although you can do it for Multis but not programs...). I could take an iPad at rehearsals but don't want to carry a laptop...

This is still most disappointing and pretty ridiculous. I was told by Kurzweil support in October 2017 that the IOS update is in progress. Never heard anything since even though I asked again in January.

Don't get me wrong. I don't expect forever support for a discontinued product. The Artis is still a current Kurzweil product in the stores.

Yes that's correct. If they had announced that it was discontinued, fair enough, but the Artis Serie is still advertised on Kurzweil's website, and lists one of the features as being able to edit it via an iPad.

But in this case the marketing is misleading to say the least, and Kurzweil happily brushed the issue aside by saying that i should talk to Sound Tower. However the product i bought is from Kurzweil and it is on their website that it states that an iPad editor is provided...

Archived