Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Favorite album TITLES

I don't know if this has been done here before. We've had threads about favorite albums and album covers. But what are some of your favorite TITLES?

There are more LPs and CDs than one imagination can store. I've probably, in my 52 years, bought and lost or misplaced or had stolen, more albums than found in the average Sam Goody store during Christmas season. And THAT'S a drop in the ocean of what's been released since the LP was developed! So there's got to be some outlandish titles out there that many of us haven't heard of.

A few of my favorite titles comes from Frank Zappa and the Mothers;

"Uncle Meat", "Burnt Weenie Sandwich" and "Weasles Ripped My Flesh".

A few others are ELP's "Brain Salad Surgery", Bob Seger's "Smokin' OP's" and the Firesign Theater's "Don't Crush That Dwarf(Hand Me The Pliers)".

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"John Barleycorn Must Die". PERIOD.

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:Q0RQU3rqSs8J:www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/~zierke/steeleye.span/images/largerec/johnbarleycornmustdie_2.jpg

Joe Pine (60's talk show host who sported a wooden leg) to Frank Zappa -- "So, with your long hair, I guess that makes you a woman." Frank Zappa's response -- "So, with your wooden leg, I guess that makes you a table."

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=2001&alid=-1

I think some of you are confused. Not ALL of you, as some album titles submitted were lovably odd.

But a few sounded like they thought I meant the title of their favorite album. NOSIREE!

I meant favorite album TITLE! Hell, you don't even have to LIKE the album. Just think the title is funny, bizarre, profound or WHATEVER makes it stick in your mind. Like another one I like, "The Child Is Father To The Man" from Blood, Sweat and Tears.

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

A few that came to mind:

• Songs In The Attic - Billy Joel
  • The Dream Of The Blue Turtles - Sting
  • Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band - The Beatles
  • Danceband On The Titanic - Harry Chapin
  • Longnecks & Short Stories - Mark Chestnutt
  • Building The Perfect Beast - Don Henley
  • Actual Miles - Don Henley
  • For The Love Of God - Steve Vai
  • Dad Loves His Work - James Taylor
  • That's Why I'm Here - James Taylor
  • Missing, Presumed Having A Good Time - The Notting Hillbillies