Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Saw Kraftwerk last night

nickd

Any other fans here?

This is their 3-D tour, so 3-D glasses on and a video wall behind them running all the way through. Music fairly close to the originals (some great synth sounds), with some of the newer remix versions on a few tunes.

I was up at the back (2,000 seat venue), so couldn't see any detail of what they were playing or doing. There were keyboards visible on their 'desks' and at least some of the show appeared to be played live - here's some video from someone who was closer than me.

[video:youtube]

Definitely one to tick off my must-see list... some of the songs sounded amazing, a few drifted a little. But it's incredible how fresh their 70s stuff sounds, and how pioneering they were for the electronic music we hear today.

Oh, and they had robots :thu:

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw 'The Mix' several years ago when they toured their albums, different one each night. 3D AV was spectacular and the sound, in the Concert Hall at the Sydney Opera House was the best I have ever heard, crystal clear with chest thumping bass.

IIRC they have multiple servers running the show with a synth controller on each 'desk'.

A misguided plumber attempting to entertain | MainStage 3 | Axiom 61 2nd Gen | Pianoteq | B5 | XK3c | EV ZLX 12P

Great show. My wife and I saw them last fall and we loved it. I didn't really know what to expect, but it was highly entertaining. I wish I had done a little research beforehand then I could have understood more about what was going on technically. I spent the whole concert trying to figure out what the dude on the right was doing, but I could never link anything I heard to his hand gestures. Come to find out that there was an excellent reason why...he was running the videos. 😀 No wonder I couldn't hear what he was doing! :facepalm:
Live rig: Roland FA-08, Yamaha MOTIF ES 6, laptop for supplemental sounds.

Saw them at Moogfest 2014. Hands down the best 3D video experience I've encountered--which I wasn't expecting from cardboard red/blue glasses. And the sound was perfect for the room. The show I saw hit the high spots of their catalog with an emphasis on my favorite album, Radioactivity. Highly recommended.

I've never seen them "live", only records, radio, TV, and digital media. I recently was pleasantly surprised their HDTracks album (I don't know if it's rerecorded) actually sounds good when played. Also, I've enjoyed some form of their latest performances from the BBC or another English HD sat source, they are a lot more interesting than, well just about anybody, I recon.

T

Archived