Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Tumbling dice (piano version)

cedar

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think that's the Stones' longtime piano man, Chuck Leavell.

Rich Forman

Yamaha MOXF8, Korg Kronos 2-61, Roland Fantom X7, Ferrofish B4000+ organ module, Roland VR-09, EV ZLX12P, K&M Spider Pro stand,

Yamaha S80, Korg Trinity Plus

He is the musical director. This is probably from Voodoo Lounge. From the look of the dressing room door sign it is the same as my buddy who gave me some of the same ones when he worked for that tour so it dates it to 1994.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

Wow, I must really be getting old. Chuck Leavell is known around here as the Allman Brothers Band pianist who formed his own group "Sea Level" and later went to work for the Stones.

Yamaha P-515, Hammond SK1, Casio PX5s, Motif ES rack, Kawai MP5, Kawai ESS110, Yamaha S03, iPad, and a bunch of stuff in the closet.

I think once you play with the Stones, all your prior accomplishments are forgotten and you are thereafter forever known as "the guy who plays with the Stones"

I was going to give some examples but then one wandered in at the 3 min mark in that video.

I think once you play with the Stones, all your prior accomplishments are forgotten and you are thereafter forever known as "the guy who plays with the Stones"

I was going to give some examples but then one wandered in at the 3 min mark in that video.

He has been with them really since about the time the 81 tour started. Ian died in 1985 so Chuck has had the gig since then as far as I know.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

He has been with them really since about the time the 81 tour started. Ian died in 1985 so Chuck has had the gig since then as far as I know.
I know he toured with Stu before he passed. He's told the story that Stu would have a piano rented for each gig. Chuck asked him why he did that with all the dogs out there. Stu replied, "ah, but once in a while you get a beaut!"

Chuck toured with Clapton around the time Clapton did Unplugged and was on the show with him. After he went back with the Stones, Clapton never called him back and Chuck doesn't know why.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I know he toured with Stu before he passed. He's told the story that Stu would have a piano rented for each gig. Chuck asked him why he did that with all the dogs out there. Stu replied, "ah, but once in a while you get a beaut!"

Chuck toured with Clapton around the time Clapton did Unplugged and was on the show with him. After he went back with the Stones, Clapton never called him back and Chuck doesn't know why.

Joe I think that was 1991-1992 with Clapton. That is true about him renting pianos.

noblevibes.com

Archived