Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Hammond BCV and Leslie 31 advice wanted.

NewImprov

I messaged him.

Hammond: L111, M100, M3, BC, CV, Franken CV, A100, D152, C3, B3

Leslie: 710, 760, 51C, 147, 145, 122, 22H, 31H

Yamaha: CP4, DGX-620, DX7II-FD-E!, PF85, DX9

Roland: VR-09, RD-800

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joe is waiting for admin approval to join KC. Hell PM you when he can.

Meantime, if you wanted to PM me your contact info, I can forward it to him.

Yeah, Jason, if you want one, let me know, I'll build you one. :D Bring that 145 by the house, cost about ten bucks and a few hours of work.

Hi all...

Well, thanks to Wes and Jason I am here. Great thread.

The 30A is something I certainly have been looking to acquire for a while. Those who know me here that are also on the Organ Forum and the Hammond/Leslie Tech Network on FB know of my passion for restoring these beasts and finding room for them in my house (much to the chagrin of my wife!!).

Once I figure out how this forum works, I will post some pics. Until then, I am glad to be here and look forward to seeing all the KC has to offer!

Best,

Joe

Rescuer/Restorer of vintage

Hammonds & Leslies

Joe welcome, this is where it all happens. Some of the organ forum and Facebook groups have people that cross post over here. There is a lot of activity here compared to other boards that have kind of died off.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

Hello and congrats on acquiring 30A #318.

Did you get the serial number from the middle back panel (not shown in your picture) or did you see it stamped into the wood on the bottom right of the cabinet? It could be in both places.

Also, if you have any additional pictures to share, Im certain many of us would be interested.

Thank you. Mark

Hello and congrats on acquiring 30A #318.

Did you get the serial number from the middle back panel (not shown in your picture) or did you see it stamped into the wood on the bottom right of the cabinet? It could be in both places.

Also, if you have any additional pictures to share, Im certain many of us would be interested.

Thank you. Mark

It's from the back panel, which we couldn't find when I first picked up the organ, I got it a few weeks later. That was why I was thinking it was a 31. I'll check the wood next time I'm out there, and take some more pics as well. Anything in particular you want to see?

Turn up the speaker

Hop, flop, squawk

It's a keeper

-Captain Beefheart, Ice Cream for Crow

I'll check the wood next time I'm out there, and take some more pics as well. Anything in particular you want to see?

Glad to hear you have the middle back panel. Did the upper or lower panel survive? I see what could be a panel sitting on top of the Leslie (not the piano dollies).

I own #315, a close relative. I was hoping for some clear close up shots of the components for comparison of the two. For example, all codes on the driver frames and woofer cone, underside of the amp, codes on the 3 transformers, close up of the engraved plate on each motor. As many as you feel like taking and uploading or emailing. I would enjoy looking at them all.

Thank you.

• 2 months later...

I wasn't able to get a look at the serial number but I just came across a 31H tallboy in my area and I am about to rescue it. Unless something happens and I fall in love with it I have no need for yet another Leslie(don't ask).

Not trying to make a buck nor am I ready to embark on yet another Leslie project, I'm just rescuing this Leslie and letting the KC gang know what's coming down the pike.

Pics later this week when it arrives.

• 3 months later...

Yep!

But it gets better. Slowly bringing her back to life and got a Benton 3 speed kit thatll go in.

Breaking news first:

I casually perused the musical instruments for sale on Craigslist the other day and up popped an A-100 for $100!!!! I already have a near mint A-100 but no way I could pass this one up and got it!!!

Also near mint...stay tuned!!!

Archived