Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Cool Russian synth

Dave Bryce

I paid a visit to Ali Shaheed Muhammed from Tribe Called Quest today at his studio in North Hollywood. He had a bunch of cool synths, but the most interesting one was this Russian instrument I've not seen before.

Check it out:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/davebryce/IMG_5223_zps6bsk8jhr.jpg

He says he used it a lot when he was scoring the Luke Cage series. He let me mess with it for a while. Interesting sound...

Anyone ever see one of these?

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Daaaaamn dB, Ali Shaheed? Pff... Nice work if you can get it! Does that mean there's an interview coming soon, or was it for other reasons?

He has a big Amphion system. I went over to update the system, make sure it sounds good in the room, etc.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

"If a player uses different musical effects (for example three-part unison, timbral glissando, frequency vibrato, timbre tremolo, decay, attack, strings.) a composition would sound in a new fashion."

"The elegent package made out of aluminium alloy and is covered with artificial leather. It is well protected by the light and firm case."

Wow. :keynana::w00t::keynana::w00t::keynana::w00t::keynana:

Moe

---

"If a player uses different musical effects (for example three-part unison, timbral glissando, frequency vibrato, timbre tremolo, decay, attack, strings.) a composition would sound in a new fashion."

"The elegent package made out of aluminium alloy and is covered with artificial leather. It is well protected by the light and firm case."

Plus, it goes from from "fa" to "do".

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

There's a thin white line between fear and fury - Stickman

I went to the musical instrument museum in Phoenix a few years ago and they had a few interesting old Russian synths on display. I don't remember if this one was there or not, but it's worth a visit if people are nearby.
"If you can't dazzle them with dexterity, baffle them with bullshit."

Archived