Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New Sk1problem

Doug Robinson

Got my organ back from Hammond with a new CPU. The F above middle C doesn't make sound when I press down, same on organs and extra voices. Sounds the note for a split second when I lift my finger. Brand new problem. Any ideas? Did a re-set already.

Doug Robinson

www.dougrobinson.com

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I watched that video--i cannot for the life of me see myself doing all that, honestly. It's just not how my brain works--I'd never get it back together or I'd put it back together incorrectly and create new problems.

Doug Robinson

www.dougrobinson.com

It is quite possible that the SK1 left Hammond Service working on all keys, and the problem developed during shipping. These type of contacts only require a very tiny (just barely visible) amount of crud underneath in the wrong place to stop making contact. During shipping, the unit may have gotten shaken enough. Although, if you had the problem before it went in for service, they really should have checked every key.

When I was servicing musical electronics professionally, I quickly learned to test EVERY key and every function before the job was considered finished.

A number of keyboard manufacturers use this same design, so a decent local or area keyboard tech should be able to clear up the problem. I haven't had that much problem on my PC3s or SK1, but the K2661 that I used to have (which was bought used) had to be opened and a strip of contacts removed, cleaned, and properly put back into place a number of times. BTW, the strip will fit if put on 180 degrees out of proper position - but won't work properly that way.

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

Archived