Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Yes!

Delta

Yes was ceremonially inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame last night. If you get a chance watch the video that was posted on Facebook and You Tube. Alex Lifeson and Geddy Lee did a great presentation and Jon Anderson, Trevor Rabin, Alan White, Steve Howe and Rick Wakeman all did acceptance speeches. Wakeman's was quite funny. It was like a comedy routine. Anyway, the important thing is that as Howe said, "Yes needed to be in the RRHF right?"
"Let me stand next to your fire!", Jimi Hendrix

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes did some good stuff but I preferred the early band to the later...except for one track (see below).

Of course, that's when they sounded least like what most fans dig.

One v. interesting thing abt them was the philosophic tone of many of Anderson's lyrics (he was apparently a big fan of Paramahansa Yogananda).

Early Yes covers The Beatles

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0zXx-z6DBk

Early Yes covers the Byrds

[video:youtube]

Later Yes (no, not a Police track)

[video:youtube]

d=halfnote

Chris Squire was definitely a hell of a bass player. I enjoyed watching an instructional video he did on YouTube, although I'm a guitarist, not a bassist.

I do HAVE a beautiful old Fender Precision bass, though, that I pick up once in a while. It would be fun to play in a church band or something, where they didn't demand virtuosity or genius, LOL.

And I've watched a couple instructional things that Steve Howe did - also a very fine player.

Archived