Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Connect USB audio interface to thunderbolt 2?

nursers

Hi team,

My mid-2015 Macbook Pro appears to have a problematic USB port on one side. Because I run a Mainstage rig I need both USB ports (one direct for the Komplete Audio 6 interface I use and the other for a USB hub to connect MIDI controller and Nord Electro USB connection).

My question is: has anyone used an adapter to plug an audio interface into a Thunderbolt 2 port? Just interested before I fork out for the adapter. Did a bit of a Google search and couldn't find much at all....

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks Markay yes it's a USB 3 port. The issue is that the audio interface shouldn't be connected via a USB hub, hence question about using Thunderbolt 2. From further searching I can't see a straight USB 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter aside from some larger things with a big box attached and costing well over $100.

Before making a decision I would suggest contacting Turramurra Music. They are pretty knowledgeable in my experience.

They are Apple dealers and sell a wide range of interfaces. They do same day or next day shipping.

It may be not be a lot more expensive to buy a TB audio interface. Or they may be able to recommend an alternative solution.

A misguided plumber attempting to entertain | MainStage 3 | Axiom 61 2nd Gen | Pianoteq | B5 | XK3c | EV ZLX 12P

Before making a decision I would suggest contacting Turramurra Music. They are pretty knowledgeable in my experience.

They are Apple dealers and sell a wide range of interfaces. They do same day or next day shipping.

It may be not be a lot more expensive to buy a TB audio interface. Or they may be able to recommend an alternative solution.

Thanks mate yep I'm a Turramurra regular customer, good idea ;)

Archived