Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Metronome

Dave Ferris

Sorry to bring up this old thread, but I just got iRig Blueboard support working with the metronome so you can tap tempo and start/stop the metronome. Again, free for anyone that wants it in this forum.

So far it does fast tempos and vibrates the Apple Watch and will now flash the LED as well.

Korg Kronos, Roland RD-88, Korg Kross, JP8000, MS2000, Sequential Pro One, Micromoog, Yamaha VL1, author of unrealBook for iPad.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just got this TAMA RW200 Rhythm Watch for my dad when he asked me for a recommendation. It can be powered by electricity. I haven't used it, but I think it's gonna be loud, as it seems to be geared towards drummers. Also, you can connect it to whatever tiny (or not) (wall-powered) speaker to go as loud as you'd like.

And, Dave, I think you'd appreciate having an alternating soft & loud click. Maybe the louder one on the 4, the softer one on the 2. With this, you can do that. You can control the difference in volume. It could be ever so subtle. Just enough to have a little more weight on the 4. Or, put it on the two to drive up. The way you'd achieve this is by hearing the quarter and the eight note clicks. Each has its own volume control. And set the tempo to a 1/4th of the actual tempo. It goes down to 30BPM, so this'd only work down to 120 BPM.

Yes! That's like a clone of the Dr. Beat. Individual level controls for the subdivisions.

Agreed. I've got an old Dr. Beat, with discrete "faders". This one looked better on paper than current offerings in that $ range. ... The dedicated large tap tempo button seems good, too.

I will say the Matrix - aside from eating 9 volt batteries- is a good volume as long as I keep the lid down. I also have a piano cover that stays on most all of the time. Although I occasionally take it off when practicing Chopin or Bach.

So all of that greatly reduces the volume of the piano.

https://soundcloud.com/dave-ferris

https://www.youtube.com/@daveferris2709

2005 NY Steinway D

Yamaha AvantGrand N3X, CP88, P515

I have been using the Seiko DM-10 because it is visual and/or audio, small to carry and and the batteries last forever. Recently bought a Korg IE1M in-ear metronome. Love it and only I can hear it when recording a track.

Don

"Yes, on occasion I do talk to myself, sometimes I need an expert's opinion."

Alesis DG8, ARP(Korg)Odyssey Mk.1, Roland JU-06 & Keystation61. Stratocaster if I get tired of sitting.

That's it. I'm making my metronome app red. Of course that will automatically make it sound better. :-)

No, it has nothing to do with the color - it is the wooden sides that enhance the sound. You should include birch slabs to your app.

The red paint is just a gimmick.

Rock bottom bass

Fakebook Pro Sheet Music Reader - at every gig!

Archived