Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Good deal for a Yamaha EX5? Please Read Entire Listing.

Mighty Motif Max

Hi! I have been looking at this for some time. Is this a good deal for what is offered? It has been refurbished by the seller, as detailed in the listing/title. Please let me know. The other one was just snapped up yesterday. :(

Thanks!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/YAMAHA-EX5-76-Key-Extended-Synthesis-System-new-battery-floppy-drive-w-case-/132037245293?hash=item1ebe08796d:g:d7MAAOSwFMZWsbgn

-Max

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76| Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT, Kurzweil PC4 (88)

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am in the US, but my reasoning is that that this one has apparently been restored to excellent condition. Plus, I would still buy ione if the price without the shipping was around $800. plus a decent rate. These are hard to find apparently, and I want one in good condition and working order.

It also is shipped with a case, which is important. The UPS/USPS carriers in my area are not the best, so it would need to be well protected.

Yamaha: Motif XF8, MODX7, YS200, CVP-305, CLP-130, YPG-235, PSR-295, PSS-470 | Roland: Fantom 7, JV-1000

Kurzweil: PC3-76| Hammond: SK Pro 73 | Korg: Triton LE 76, N1R, X5DR | Emu: Proteus/1 | Casio: CT-370 | Novation: Launchkey 37 MK3 | Technics: WSA1R

Former: Emu Proformance Plus & Mo'Phatt, Korg Krome 61, Roland Fantom XR & JV-1010, Yamaha MX61, Behringer CAT, Kurzweil PC4 (88)

Assorted electric & acoustic guitars and electric basses | Roland TD-17 KVX | Alesis SamplePad Pro | Assorted organs, accordions, other instruments

These instruments from Japan can be absolutely remarkable condition. I bought an SK-15 off a guy who bought it from Japan. Immaculate condition with a special Yamaha case. You will want the adapter. It will operate, I believe, on US current but it's not advisable to do it long term. They are $30 - $40. You should be able to get them to throw it in.

If finding one in pristine condition that's likely never been gigged is a priority, it's very difficult to find these in the USA. I bought a VL1m from one of these places. It worked out fine.

On the EX5 specifically. I can't say whether this is a good deal or not. I don't know the instrument's value. How important is condition to you? It's often very important to me.

Busch.

The EX5 is a super potent Yamaha synth for people that love Yamaha synths.

http://www.vintagesynth.com/yamaha/ex5.php

AWM2 Synthesis, AN Synthesis, FDSP Synthesis and VL Synthesis in one keyboard. Just FM/DX is missing. They have yet to do this again. On the Motif ES you could add these engines via the additional cost of PLG cards. I recall some people feeling the hardware spec is a litte underpowered for all the engines. If they built a synth like this today using hardware like the Kronos and added FM-X - I'd soil myself. YMMV

But until then, the EX5 looks like a lot of fun. It's from a time when build quality is high. This one looks remarkably clean. I'd pay what he's asking minus the shipping - but give or take $100-300 is bargain shopping. You'll forget about it after it arrives in great shape. A modern synth of this calibre would be a lot more money. You can find a used EX5 in the US with patience, but will it be as clean? This is a fan's purchase - comparable to finding a clean FS1R. Is it worth it or is it worth it to you? There's a difference.

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

Hi! I have been looking at this for some time. Is this a good deal for what is offered? It has been refurbished by the seller, as detailed in the listing/title. Please let me know. The other one was just snapped up yesterday. :(

Thanks!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/YAMAHA-EX5-76-Key-Extended-Synthesis-System-new-battery-floppy-drive-w-case-/132037245293?hash=item1ebe08796d:g:d7MAAOSwFMZWsbgn

-Max

what about the EX5 at the GC in New Jersey ?

your Japan FleaBayer is a reseller.

I always ask for the history on used boards

Also google on the state of failed components/replacement sources.

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

I have had some bad experiences with Guitar Center, so I will not buy anything from them unless I have to.

Condition is very important to me. I would prefer not to use a beat-up looking keyboard in public; otherwise it looks like I do not take care of what I own, therefore why should anyone hire me, etc.?

Condition is very important to me. I would prefer not to use a beat-up looking keyboard in public; otherwise it looks like I do not take care of what I own, therefore why should anyone hire me, etc.?

Boy, we're a very different bunch from our guitar-playing friends:

http://medias.audiofanzine.com/images/thumbs3/fender-custom-shop-rory-gallagher-signature-stratocaster-480544.jpg

(Brand new Fender Custom Shop guitar)

Or that you play an awful lot...

Right?

(Brand new Fender Custom Shop guitar for posers)

Fixed.

:2thu:

I SO do not get that whole aging/relicing thing. Incedibly goofy, IMO. Every mark on an instrument like that should have a story that goes with it about how it got there - it shouldn't be something you ordered, paid a bunch more for, then waited a whole bunch of time to get.

Some of the manufacturers who do this stuff even go so far as to strap an instrument to a sound table and run vibrations through it for a few days to try and fake the wood out that it's actually been played for a few years. :facepalm:

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

So many guitar players are weak minded in the force suffer from way too many self inflicted Jedi mind tricks. Like this relic thing ..... Nitro finishes sound better than Poly...... or maple fretboards are brighter sounding than rosewood. This stuff just aint true.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

I SO do not get that whole aging/relicing thing. Incedibly goofy, IMO. Every mark on an instrument like that should have a story that goes with it about how it got there - it shouldn't be something you ordered, paid a bunch more for, then waited a whole bunch of time to get.

Some of the manufacturers who do this stuff even go so far as to strap an instrument to a sound table and run vibrations through it for a few days to try and fake the wood out that it's actually been played for a few years. :facepalm:

dB

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

I can't partake in this discussion. I still have PTSD from the last time I watched one of the guitar companies' "aging" videos. :pop:

Archived