Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

For King Crimson Fans - Radical Action

HammondDave

My wife gave me my Xmas presents tonight. Billy Joel tickets on New Years eve in Sunrise, and the new King Crimson box set: Radical Action (To Unseat The Hold Of Monkey Mind). Basically the band bringing new life to classic KC numbers.

As expected, the musicianship is off the charts. Fripp, Levin, et al... Stunning! But whats best is the included BluRay live concert of these guys killing these songs! Three amazing drummers! The sound and video editing is phenomenal! Its a concert video that is truly better than being there. Fripp plays the Mellotron parts (sampled) as usual.

[video:youtube]

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought I saw one of the drummers playing the Mellotron parts; but awesome nonetheless.

Between this, ARW, the Minimoog reissue, the OB-6, etc., I feel like I am reliving my youth and this time not missing anything....!

I thought I saw one of the drummers playing the Mellotron parts; but awesome nonetheless.

Between this, ARW, the Minimoog reissue, the OB-6, etc., I feel like I am reliving my youth and this time not missing anything....!

Wow. I didnt even look to see if the drummer was playing that. You are correct.

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

Yeah, I have that Krimson box, it's amazing! Fripp looks like he's really enjoying playing again, Mel Collins sounds fantastic, and, damn, what a band! I love the liberties they take with the older tunes, very much in the Krimson spirit. I've been watching this pretty obsessively for the last month or so.

Turn up the speaker

Hop, flop, squawk

It's a keeper

-Captain Beefheart, Ice Cream for Crow

Yeah... "Pictures of a City " is outstanding... perfect combination of old and new.

Found this cool video of a soundcheck in Madison. Check out Fripp's pedals...

[video:youtube]

Archived