Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What is your Fav Most CPU power Hungry Software?

Ensenada Guide

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depends mainly on the computer you pick for the job and wether or not the software and the DAW/host you are using is designed to make use of multi-core CPUs, the amount of RAM you have and if you went SSD over a spinning drive. Different type of plugins and software have different needs and wherever the bottle neck is - that's where you are going to see your computer break a sweat.

A rough one on CPU would be any convolution reverb plugin ie. Logic's Space Designer. A few instances of this plugin at high settings will eat up CPU cycles fast.

Multigigabyte Piano Sample Libraries running at low buffers/latency with all the bells and whistles turned on like string resonance, release samples, heavy pedal use. This hits the CPU, RAM, and bandwidth and speed of your storage drive. i.e.. Synthogy Ivory, or VILabs Ravenscroft 275.

If you are not playing live and rather in the mix stage of a project, you can typically raise your buffer/latency setting way way up to back off of your system resources.

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

I buying parts to make my music/video PC/? :)

i know what i will be running but in the process

I was thinking maybe i m missing a really good music production

software that had not think about that may need even more

power than the software i will be using.

BTW thanx to the response ..

BTW . the Samsung EVO 850 i got ... boots your computer really really fast!!

www.ensenadatourguide.com https://www.facebook.com/ldstourguide

Will give tours for Keyboards :)

Well, if you are going to run Windows - Adobe Premiere Pro is a nice one - might as well get the suite if you are into digital creation. I know there are others, but I've grown comfortable with their stuff and it's very well supported. For audio Pro Tools of course - and lots of great plugins. But it's an expensive platform. On PC I like Cubase for composing because it comes with quite a bit (like Logic on a Mac/OSX) right out of the box.

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

Zebra2 HZ using 2 x Diva Filters and max polyphony.

Its design was made to use a single core so I can run my i7 4790k @ 4.4ghz and add Oscillators until I hit a steady 85% and hitting 100 on spikes.

Magnus C350 + FMR RNP + Realistic Unisphere Mic

MS GS Wavetable Synth is killing my Win 95 machine.

Will another 256k of RAM help, or should I upgrade my 20MB HDD?

A misguided plumber attempting to entertain | MainStage 3 | Axiom 61 2nd Gen | Pianoteq | B5 | XK3c | EV ZLX 12P

Archived