Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Guaglione

Outkaster

Growing up I used to hear this at Italian weddings and celebrations in Niagara Falls or Buffalo, NY. I never noticed the organ in it. Presently a guy know has an Italian radio show locally that uses this to introduce his show La Dolce Vita:

[video:youtube]

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Growing up I used to hear this at Italian weddings and celebrations in Niagara Falls or Buffalo, NY. I never noticed the organ in it. Presently a guy know has an Italian radio show locally that uses this to introduce his show La Dolce Vita:

Ah, the days of a guitarist playing at a sane volume! Nice composition there... I recall it from the deep recesses of memory.

You don't have ideas, ideas have you

We see the world, not as it is, but as we are. "One mans food is another mans poison". I defend your right to speak hate. Tolerance to a point, not agreement

I grew up listening to this.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

"Guaglione" is an Italian melodic superclassic of the Fifties. I've played it with Renato Carosone, with whom I worked briefly in the early Nineties. Not my cup of tea at all, but you always learn something from the old masters.

"Guaglione" is an Italian melodic superclassic of the Fifties. I've played it with Renato Carosone, with whom I worked briefly in the early Nineties. Not my cup of tea at all, but you always learn something from the old masters.

LOL I haven't heard that name in awhile. I think he died in 2001:

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6O0lo11jTE

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

Yes. Despite the fact that his success came from writing and singing old-fashioned pop/swing songs, Carosone was an accomplished musician and a great pianist. Once he played his arrangement of Listz' "La Campanella" during a reharsal break... he left everybody speechless.

EDIT: Note that I'm *not* talking about the very watered-down version that you can find on YouTube. That was a complex piano solo version, played at breakneck speed.

I grew up listening to this.

And Lou Monte's son, Ray, a good drummer, we played gigs with one another . Young and foolish perhaps, I used to refer to him as Lou Monte's son!

You don't have ideas, ideas have you

We see the world, not as it is, but as we are. "One mans food is another mans poison". I defend your right to speak hate. Tolerance to a point, not agreement

Yes. Despite the fact that his success came from writing and singing old-fashioned pop/swing songs, Carosone was an accomplished musician and a great pianist. Once he played his arrangement of Listz' "La Campanella" during a reharsal break... he left everybody speechless.

EDIT: Note that I'm *not* talking about the very watered-down version that you can find on YouTube. That was a complex piano solo version, played at breakneck speed.

Marino a lot of Italian musicians are very good. There are kind of freaks of a nature out there that can perform a multiple of genres. He must of been a lot older when you were working with him I would think.

noblevibes.com

Marino a lot of Italian musicians are very good. There are kind of freaks of a nature out there that can perform a multiple of genres.

Well, thanks... even though I wouln't call a musician who's proficient in many genres a "freak of nature"... I myself would be quite a freak then. :D

It's mostly hard work of course. :)

There's a famous Italian pop song which goes like this:

La mia banda suona il rock

e cambia faccia all'occorrenza

Sappiamo che da noi

fare tutto è un'esigenza

My band plays rock

and changes faces if need be

We know that here

doing everything is a necessity...

He must of been a lot older when you were working with him I would think.

Yeah, about 75 I think.

"freak of nature" is just something we use around here. It is hard work but only so many people can be going from certain styles effortlessly.

noblevibes.com

Oh man that song is used in an ad of some kind here in Australia. Can't for the life of me remember which one though...it's stuck in one of the deep dark corners of my mind and won't come out! Nooooooo!!!!!!!

Archived