Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: 'tis the season for... package theft

Song80s

We experienced a package theft Thursday afternoon. Even gated communities with security like ours are not protected .

Positively not a USPS error, etc. USPS was great in helping us determine exactly what took place.

It appears some low life creep is casing our street. Driving around and looking for easy packages to snatch. How do they get past gate security ? Could be a low life resident or a contractor( our development has numerous homes under construction).

My wife is upset- this was one of her purchases.

Looking at installing wireless video surveillance. The systems seem to be worth the cost.

So if you get deliveries, expensive deliveries especially, I hope you learn from my experience. Especially if your wife/GF has her item stolen.

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gated communities are very easy to enter. I think they provide false security, IMO.

We have one of these lights: http://www.getkuna.com/

It works pretty well, sending a message to your cellphone letting you know someone is/was there, and providing the video. The only problem we've had is on Halloween, their servers are overwhelmed and you only have a really expensive porch light for a few hours! (and it appears from reading their support site that it happens every year! :mad: ) You also need good broadband speed, for reliable live use.

Gated communities are very easy to enter. I think they provide false security, IMO.

We have one of these lights: http://www.getkuna.com/

It works pretty well, sending a message to your cellphone letting you know someone is/was there, and providing the video. The only problem we've had is on Halloween, their servers are overwhelmed and you only have a really expensive porch light for a few hours! (and it appears from reading their support site that it happens every year! :mad: ) You also need good broadband speed, for reliable live use.

that looks like a good solution, Thanks !

we also have video surveillance at our gate. I have asked our HOA to look at the logs to see what the guests were let in during the 2 hours

Our comcast wireless is high speed. it should be adequate.

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

Archived