Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Oldchella

Dave Bryce

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y172/davebryce/IMG_5015%202_zpsswqvkcix.jpg

dB

*ahem* :cop:

;)

[just kidding, man]

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wish I could have been there just to see Paul do "Why Don't We Do It In the Road," one of the few remaining of my favorite of his Beatles songs that I've never seen him do live and always hoped to!

Rich Forman

Yamaha MOXF8, Korg Kronos 2-61, Roland Fantom X7, Ferrofish B4000+ organ module, Roland VR-09, EV ZLX12P, K&M Spider Pro stand,

Yamaha S80, Korg Trinity Plus

I live only mile from the Polo Grounds so I can hear everything from my patio, even the sound checks. Here's what the folks who attended the first weekend are saying: Dylan, just OK...did not engage the crowd at all, played mostly keys, a few of his "hits"

Stones: Kicked ass...many saying they have never sounded better...Friday they opened with Start Me Up and never looked back. Neil Young: Sounding great, joined Macca last night for a mini rock jam, crowd loved it. The Who rocked the house, also Roger Waters did well.....but the overall huge crowd faves were the Stones, Neil and Paul.

I pretty much agree with that....however...

The challenge of the 3rd night is that it was hard to avoid a bit of "theme park hangover". if you will. We had just left it all on the table two nights in a row, and were definitely a bit spent for the 3rd night.

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

*ahem* :cop:

;)

[just kidding, man]

What - you don't like pigs? :idk:

:D

dB

:roll: Whaddya mean? I put a pig in my re... nevermind. ;)

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Sir Paul's current set list:

A Hard Day's Night

Save Us

Can't Buy Me Love

Junior's Farm

Temporary Secretary

Let Me Roll It

I've Got a Feeling

My Valentine

Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-Five

Here, There and Everywhere

Maybe I'm Amazed

We Can Work It Out

In Spite of All the Danger

(The Quarrymen song)

You Won't See Me

Love Me Do

And I Love Her

Blackbird

Here Today

Queenie Eye

New

The Fool on the Hill

Lady Madonna

FourFiveSeconds

Eleanor Rigby

Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!

Something

Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da

Band on the Run

Back in the U.S.S.R.

Let It Be

Live and Let Die

Hey Jude

Encore:

Yesterday

Hi, Hi, Hi

I Saw Her Standing There

Golden Slumbers

Carry That Weight

The End

A few days ago, I didn't think I was going to see this. Now I'm pretty pysched. :boing:

Geritol is going to make a KILLING at this event.

dB

Dave, since I can remember, Paul (the cute one) has played "Jet" in the #2 slot during his set. Do you recall if he continued that tradition, or was it like the set above?

Dave, since I can remember, Paul (the cute one) has played "Jet" in the #2 slot during his set. Do you recall if he continued that tradition, or was it like the set above?

Jet is not in the current set list for the One on One tour - he plays a song called Save Us in that slot. Swapped that out for Jet for this show.

You can see just about anyone's set lists at setlist.fm, frequently with videos of each tune, a bunch of the time from each of the performances. Here are Paul's for this tour...

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

I was real happy that he played "Letting Go" at Giants Stadium this last summer, he had done it in '10 as well, just what a great track, very happy also to see "Hi Hi Hi" these last two tours, love that too. Surprised that "Jet," one of his biggest hits has fallen off the set list for at least some shows after many decades, and this last August was the first of his shows I've ever seen where he didn't include the Long and Winding Road, that was a surprise to me too.

Rich Forman

Yamaha MOXF8, Korg Kronos 2-61, Roland Fantom X7, Ferrofish B4000+ organ module, Roland VR-09, EV ZLX12P, K&M Spider Pro stand,

Yamaha S80, Korg Trinity Plus

Archived