Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Styles for Kronos touch-screen

richforman

I saw a guy using some kind of stylus in one of the video tutorials, anybody use something like to get around on a Kronos that rather than finger-jabbing? If so, what kind? Looking forward to posting lots more Kronos-related questions here in the days ahead!

Rich Forman

Yamaha MOXF8, Korg Kronos 2-61, Roland Fantom X7, Ferrofish B4000+ organ module, Roland VR-09, EV ZLX12P, K&M Spider Pro stand,

Yamaha S80, Korg Trinity Plus

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I saw a guy using some kind of stylus in one of the video tutorials, anybody use something like to get around on a Kronos that rather than finger-jabbing? If so, what kind? Looking forward to posting lots more Kronos-related questions here in the days ahead!

A stylus is more accurate. I have 2. One is like a pointer, slightly heavier and it works great. Other one is the typical rubber tipped type- this one is thicker than most. Easy to find when it drops to the floor.

Your office store should have a good selection.

Why fit in, when you were born to stand out ?

My Soundcloud with many originals:

[70's Songwriter]

Okay, I had no idea if something more specialized was needed, have never used or purchased a stylus at all, I'm now sensing this was in the "dumb question" category, to Staples it is!

Rich Forman

Yamaha MOXF8, Korg Kronos 2-61, Roland Fantom X7, Ferrofish B4000+ organ module, Roland VR-09, EV ZLX12P, K&M Spider Pro stand,

I also didn't realize on my first session sitting down with the instrument, that there is a "calibrate touch screen" function intended to be used first (saw this when reading the Quick Start PDF online this morning); that would probably make the whole touch screen experience better for me right off the bat, but I'll still pick up a stylus, seems like it will be a lot faster and more precise in any case.

Rich Forman

Yes, saw that awesome video of him talking about it. I always love hearing Wakeman speak just about as much as I do hearing him play, always funny and endearing.

Rich Forman

Thanks Benny! I am going to be doing a lot of work on my new axe, so making it easier and faster will make a big difference.

Rich Forman

Archived