Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Marshall Code Amps

Big Dave

HI all, First time post, so be gentle. I have been playing for a year and just upgraded to a Epi G-400 Pro Limited Ed. 1966. I also got a new Marshall Code 25 amp. I am blown away by the sound to start with. But, also there are a 100 different FX settings that I can use. For this novice, way too many. But I have started playing around with some. So far the 'Clean American, Vintage Delay, Spring Reverb' is the coolest. Have any of you used the Code yet?? And what's the feeling?? Thanks Dave

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HI all, First time post, so be gentle. I have been playing for a year and just upgraded to a Epi G-400 Pro Limited Ed. 1966. I also got a new Marshall Code 25 amp. I am blown away by the sound to start with. But, also there are a 100 different FX settings that I can use. For this novice, way too many. But I have started playing around with some. So far the 'Clean American, Vintage Delay, Spring Reverb' is the coolest. Have any of you used the Code yet?? And what's the feeling?? Thanks Dave

I asked about the Code here about a week ago and got mostly silence. I think it's too new for people to know about.

Yeah, I hadn't even heard of it, let alone tried one. Sorry! I'm sure that no one meant to be unfriendly.

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

OK Baldwin I just found your post on the Code 50. I am not sure if it will do what you want, but I can tell you there is an FX selection for the JCM800 under their 'crunch'. It says JCM800 Overdriven -high sensitivity input-. I think the code 50 will have the same FX options. You can find the manual online.

Maybe I'm wrong but I think we are generally an older bunch of players here and I just don't think most of us are the target market for a $200 1-10 digital modeler amp. Ask us about about original blackface Fenders or vintage JTM45s and you will probably get a lot more response. LOL

I'm personally not much a Marshall guy. I found them to be hissy and the treble can be insanely difficult to manage.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

+1 I've never been a Marshall guy either but this little modeler is getting some great reviews on Sweetwater (even from a 64 year old LOL!). Looks like it would be a cool little practice amp and with 25 watts may be able to handle a small venue pretty easily. If I see one at GC one of these days, I'll give it a listen... http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Code25Combo/ <---I watched the whole video demo and it was very cool! :cool:
Take care, Larryz

Archived