Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

The $20,000.00 Question.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, Paul? If you handed me $20,000 in cash, I'd be like, "DUDE?!! What are you doing??? Don't you need that???" and hand it back to you.

Then, I'd look at you incredulously, and say something like, "Well... uh, since I'm here in Loves Park, Illinois, for some unexplained reason, let's go grab lunch at Beef-a-Roo."

Hey, you asked. ;)

$20,000 doesn't go nearly as far as you think it would.

About 12 years ago I recieved a check from The State Of North Carolina for $17,900, for vacating a property that I was using as a piano shop. I didn't own the property, this money was strictly for moving out of the way of highway constuction. I had to jump through some hoops, but the day came and I got the check in my hand.

Right off the top I had a bunch of bills related to my business that I had to pay, that was about 5 grand. I can't remember WHY, but I owed AT&T $1800.00 Now I'm down to $13,000. I took five grand and put into a government bond that will mature 20 years from now. I've got 8 grand left. I spent 2 or 3 grand on presents, and trips. About this time I bought a new car and put 2 grand down, and the rest was spent on bills and other bullshit. It doesn't take long to get rid of 20 grand, you need more like 50 grand to do jack shit. Dream bigger.

Ok, at todays exchange rate it is £10958.9041, which I could use to live at my current standard of living for about 3 - 4 months, which I could extend a little longer by not blowing so much on music gear, cd's, dvd's etc. That should give me the kick in the rear to do something else and make it pay so I can live doing something I actually like doing instead.

I think that's a worthwhile way to spend the cash...

Fa Fa FA Fa fa fa fa fa FA fa FA FA

Archived