Jump to content

Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Waterphone-like Instrument?


Recommended Posts

Hi guys,


Many years ago I saw a percussion instrument played by Manolo Badrena that looked like a few long plastic tubes that he whirled over his head, and the resulting sound was kind of similar to a waterphone. Does anyone know what this is called? Or does anyone have any freeware waterphone samples they'd be willing to share? The ones I've found on Google don't fit my musical context (too long and drawn out). There are some waterphone sounds in Omnisphere, but they seem too "mangled" for my purposes. I just need one quick "whirl" to fit in this one spot of my tune; not worth buying an entire library for. Anyone?


Many thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whirl a tube over your head and record it yourself? You can make some wild sounds with a vacuum hose.


That's probably what they did with this song:











When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.
Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...