Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Trash Day Finds

Joe Muscara

Some of you may remember when I found an old Lowrey organ with two half moon switches and that led me to a Leslie 45.

Today, I saw an 88-key keyboard sticking out of a trash can. It was kind of that gray/silver metallic color, and not very deep. I moved closer to see what it was.

It was an M-Audio, probably a Keystation 88. I kept going.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You made a wise choice!

That depends, did you give it a kick on the way past?

I would have gone with a curb stomp, or perhaps an elbow drop. And, I used to own one. so, It's personal.

Walking the dog one day I see a pile of trash from a house clean out. I see the old familiar grey checker pattern of. Ampeg . Dig out a 60's Reverb Rocket. Still worked but I took it to tube amp master Denny Kager of Central NJ electronics to replace the AC line and check it over. Best part is Denny used to work at Ampeg when they were made in Linden NJ so chances are he had a hand in making that amp back then. Don't remember the selling price but sold it to a guy in France who was happy to pay the $225 shipping fee.

I saw a Kurzweil MIDIBoard at the recycling dump a few years back. I was broken hearted at the state it was in for sure. I looked over at the sign that reads, "No Scavenging" and that probably saved me from the confrontation I'd probably have with the Mrs. bringing it home. But... I grabbed the sustain pedal for posterity anyway. ;)

[video:youtube]

Yamaha CP88, Casio PX-560

Archived