Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

We're losing the Funkmaster

Tonysounds

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You need the "www" at the front.. Jambase just needs to set up a simple redirect.

The link in the OP needs a colon after http... not sure if that's an edit since you posted, but I'm guessing it is, as the "www" is in place...

Also, the latest update from Judie on Bernie's page:

Bernie has NOT passed. In fact, he has rallied a bit and is sitting on the edge of the bed!!!! He was not able to do that for the past two days. PLEASE do NOT speculate. It alarms our families. I will post when it is true on his website. At that point, I will not on Facebook for a while

I have a bit of connection to Bernie. My Wurlitzer 140 B was used extensively by him and was previously owned by Nick Montoya at Moog, who did tech work for him over last 10 years or so.

I got to meet him at a record store in Vancouver Washington around the time that I got the Wurlie. Bernie had been gigging in the Portland area due to his connection to Nick, who appeared to be booking some gigs for him.

I think they sold the Wurli because Nick was moving to the East Coast. According to both of them the 140 was used on many of Bernie's West Coast gigs for quite a while.

Have seen him several times, first with the Heads on the Stop Making Sense tour, then several times with various P-Funk-related groups, and once with Claypool. Such an amazing, totally intuitive player.

Turn up the speaker

Hop, flop, squawk

It's a keeper

-Captain Beefheart, Ice Cream for Crow

I have been on the same bill with him a few times over the years and have seen him close up. One time he played only analog Synths. Another gig was at The Stone Pony where he played a B3 belonging to Nektar (w/ Larry Fast). He is incredible and unique on any Keyboard he plays.
C3/122, M102A, Vox V301H, Farfisa Compact, Gibson G101, GEM P, RMI 300A, Piano Bass, Pianet , Prophet 5 rev. 2, Pro-One, Matrix 12, OB8, Korg MS20, Jupiter 6, Juno 60, PX-5S, Nord Stage 3 Compact

Archived