Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Gearfest - KC hang?

Dave Bryce

There was some muttering at some point in another thread about the possibility of a KC hang happening at Gearfest this year due to it's somewhat accessible location to some of the non-West Coast KCers.

I have no choice - it's a work event for me, but I always enjoy it. Never missed one...

Who else is planning on attending?

dB

:snax:

:keys:==> David Bryce Music • Funky Young Monks <==:rawk:

Professional Affiliations: Royer LabsMusic Player Network

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was seriously thinking about taking a road trip then saw it's Father's Day Weekend. My Dad turns 80 this year, need to hang with him. Summer NAMM is the following weekend, maybe I'll try and make that instead.
:nopity:

Two hours down the road for me, so I'm planning to be there; likely most of both days. As well as seeing friends and exploring gear, I dig the seminars / panels :thu:

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

Barring any last minute gigs, I will be there all day Saturday. Can't commit to a hang yet, I may be bugging out to K-zoo that evening.

Ran into Allan, Mike and dB last year. :) Always fun.

~ Bill C. (vonnor)

Gear:

Hardware: Nord Stage4, Korg Kronos 2, Novation Summit

Software: Cantabile 3, Halion Sonic 3 and assorted VST plug-ins.

• 1 month later...

OK, so the Kalamazoo thing fell through, so I'm staying overnight in the FW area.

Can any of you locals or regionals (Allan?) recommend a club in the Ft. Wayne area for live music? (classic-rock, 80's 90's, or dance rock preferred, but I'm not too picky). Or better yet, anybody wanna join me and the GF at said club? :)

~ Bill C. (vonnor)

Gear:

I will be at GearFest (of course).

FWIW, there is a GearFest after-hours event on Friday evening (on-site at Sweetwater's new outdoor pavilion) that is open to attendees. There will be live music and food trucks there.

My apologies. I will be in FW on Sat night but not on Friday.

~ BC

Gear:

I'll be there Friday from about 1PM on, and all day Saturday - leaving that evening. Planning to be at the Jordan Rudess Workshop, Friday at 2:30, and catch a couple of the other presentations on Saturday. Other than that, free range gear browsing the rest of the time..

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

Me and the GF will be going up to Bar-145 Sat night to see an 80's band if anybody wants to come along.

~ Bill C.

Gear:

Archived