Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Lester signed by Lester

Bluesape

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e397/reifspano/Guitars/12743950_10153444207256958_5849480680839669881_n_zpsjhj5gw2f.jpg

A very gig-worn '74 Les Paul Custom with Les's signiature carved in the top beneath the bridge.... :w00t:

Local Ottawa player named Joe...

That is so absolutely friggin' cool. :cool::2thu::rawk: Lucky Joe!

Les was so encouraging and friendly... :cool:

He gave us so much; his input on the guitar that bears his name isn't even the most or the best part of what he blessed the world with! (Though I absolutely rabidly :love:LOVE :love: a good Les Paul axe!)

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

That's great!

I wonder what a graphologist would make of his signature, esp the diff between 1st & last names.

BTW & FWIW, I've always felt a string connection w/ Mr P. One that goes beyond music.

We know the story of his accident that left him with a permanently "frozen" R elbow.

As a child in 1950s Detroit, I fell, crushing my elbow.

Despite several attempts, each requiring resetting the bones, doctors were unable to fix it properly & asked my parents what position they'd like my arm set into.

My father actually contacted the same doctors in Chitown who treated Les. They'd been exploring new techniques for fracture recovery.

He imported them to Detroit & had them work their magic.

While it's a bit crooked & odd looking, my L arm has full mobility.

I'd have never been able to grow into a musician if it hadn't been for L P's unfortunate accident & the dedication of the medicos who worked to change what they'd had to leave him with.

d=halfnote

CARVED did you say?

LOOKS like just a white felt tip marker, but still cool none-the-Les! :D (yeah, pun intended!)

Whitefang

I know the pic looks like marker, but I held it last night, and it looks to be carved...

Never a DUH! moment! Well, almost never. OK, OK! Sometimes never!

That's great!

I wonder what a graphologist would make of his signature, esp the diff between 1st & last names.

BTW & FWIW, I've always felt a string connection w/ Mr P. One that goes beyond music.

We know the story of his accident that left him with a permanently "frozen" R elbow.

As a child in 1950s Detroit, I fell, crushing my elbow.

Despite several attempts, each requiring resetting the bones, doctors were unable to fix it properly & asked my parents what position they'd like my arm set into.

My father actually contacted the same doctors in Chitown who treated Les. They'd been exploring new techniques for fracture recovery.

He imported them to Detroit & had them work their magic.

While it's a bit crooked & odd looking, my L arm has full mobility.

I'd have never been able to grow into a musician if it hadn't been for L P's unfortunate accident & the dedication of the medicos who worked to change what they'd had to leave him with.

I remember your telling that before; cool story and connection, half'. :cool:

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Archived