Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Rachel Flowers plays Pastorius on a NP3 !!!

analogholic

Oh my...she is so great!

It´s the tune dedicated to his eldest children "John and Mary"

The harmonies...my god...what a genius Jaco Pastorius was!!!

I have goosebumps all over my body

[video:youtube]

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Arthur Schopenhauer

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like I posted on the Nord forum-

Yeah this young lady is such an inspiration. :cool: I caught the tail end of her performance here and I must say - the sound is probably at least 50% better captured with whatever recorder that was being used -its A/D stage and preamps- then what I was hearing out of those speakers on the floor. It actually sounded kinda clangy to be honest.

https://soundcloud.com/dave-ferris

https://www.youtube.com/@daveferris2709

2005 NY Steinway D, Yamaha AvantGrand N3X, CP88, P515

...I must say - the sound is probably at least 50% better captured with whatever recorder that was being used -its A/D stage and preamps- then what I was hearing out of those speakers on the floor. It actually sounded kinda clangy to be honest.

It's funny how often this can happen to actual recorded audio not just line ins. I recorded a little memo of myself playing our beat up, noisy upright on my phone. When I listened back it sounded a lot nicer, crisp and without unpleasant resonances. Must've been the thinning out & compression process

But then again much of that may be subjective, Often drums are too loud for me indoors ergo they sound better recorded.

Another peculiar example is where I was demo-ing a favourite speaker of this forum with some new moulded ear plugs of mine. The speaker sounded a lot nicer with the ear plugs in..!

Yesterday she played most of Karn Evil 9 and Birdland.

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

I haven't seen anything recent of her. Time flies. She is all grown up. She must be about the age of my youngest. She is great.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

What a nice surprise to hear that song!

I haven't listened to that record in probably over 15 years, but I remember that John and Mary was my favorite song on the record. (besides Word of Mouth!)

She instantly captures the huge complexity of those chords. Wow - her talent appears to have endless elasticity?!

Electro 5, NI Kontrol S61/49, MX49, PC3, Rev2, Prologue, Pro3, Juno-DS, Mopho Keys, SE02, drums, tons of synth software, guitars, amps, and pedals...help me!!

Archived